Chapter Nine: History Lesson - The Dark Ages

It was after lunch, History class was beginning.

Some of it was fake, some of it was real, or even slightly real.

"Welcome class!" The teacher, Ms. Hunter, announced.

She was much too jolly..

"Today will be more of a.. Story." She smiled, and some people groaned. "It will be about 2,000 years from the past and why it was such a fearful time in History in this country and around the world."

I shifted in my seat, oh this will be good.

Ms. Hunter opened up a large History book and began to read, "2,000 years ago was known as the Dark Ages to many of the people who could read and write, meaning that they recorded those times of course." The teacher flipped the page, "It was actually quite a ridiculous reason." She said.

My head perked up. Ridiculous?

"The people were simply scared of the dark, fearing that the sun would be away forever. Basically, when the moon came up and the sun went down, there was a fear that the sun would never appear again." (I made this up, unless SOMEHOW it could be real, though I'm sure it's NOT)

The class laughed.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

I raised my hand.

The class quieted down.

"Yes, Ms. L/N?" Ms. Hunter's glasses slid down to the tip of her nose.

"Actually, you're wrong. The townsfolk were actually afraid of the nightmares that would arise in their children's dream. Legend has it that a child disappeared and was later found as a black horse." I said.

I could hear Ms. Hunter gulp as the class was astonished.

"You couldn't possibly know. Unless you were there two thousand years ago. Now tell me, Ms. L/N, were you?"

"And if I was, you would never believe me." I said, raising an eyebrow.

Ms. Hunter gulped again, "That's one hour detention."

"Meaning I'll get to teach you more history." I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

Classmates stared at me, Ms. Hunter having to get the class's attention back to her.

She continued on with this completely fake story.

Once this and the next class ended, I headed for the classroom.

"Hey, where are you going?" Jack asked.

"Detention." I said.

"What? How'd you get detention?" Jack placed his hand on my shoulder, stopping me.

"It was nothing." I mumbled.

"What did you do?" Jack asked, almost scared.

"I told you, it was nothing.." I smacked his arm away and rushed to the room.

Sorry this was short.. I had many hours of homework.