Chapter Ten: The Fight

Jack slumped on the couch.

I stood by the coffee table, which was just in front of the couch.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, afraid Jack might bring up the question from earlier.

Jack's phone started to buzz, notification after notification.

"My gosh, how many girls gave you their numbers?"

"Four."

"Tch. Don't get close to them." I said, "We won't be here forever. We defeat Pitch and go back to our normal jobs. You be a Guardian and I'll do what I please."

"Whoa, whoa- I thought you were going to stay a Guardian." Jack sat up from the couch and furrowed his eyebrows.

I turned around, so he wasn't facing me. I sighed, "I said it was temporary."

"The Moon chose you. You can't just back down. Trust me, I tried."

"You're different. I am not meant to be a Guardian." I turned around to face Jack, I hoped he knew I was serious.

"How so?" Jack asked, taking a step closer.

"You heard the Kangaroo. I'm a heap of bones who scares children. My name is practically a threat. Because the Grim Reaper will kill you because he hates you!" My eyes widened as I realized just how loud my voice had gotten. A look of hurt was in Jack's eyes. "Jack.." I looked away from his eyes, "I-I'm sorry."

Jack had a look of disapproval, "Who cares what he says?" He took a step closer.

"I don't. But I know what he said is true. All the spirits think I'm evil like Pitch. So why should I care what they think?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What if they try to attack you? Being a Guardian can show those other Spirits that you're not evil."

What I said next.. Was something I wish I hadn't.

His face had seemed so confused and hurt.

Jack stormed off to his room and slammed the door, making me flinch.

This was definitely another side of Jack I hadn't known.

There was the Angry Jack Frost, the Flustered Jack Frost, the Sensitive Jack Frost, and the Cocky Jack Frost.

They had all seemed like different people, but still had his regular personality in each of them; The Fun Jack Frost.

I slumped onto the couch and buried my face in my hands.