Chapter Fifty: New Beginnings

Y/n broke the hug and suddenly had a grim look on her face, she made her way down the stairs, Jack following right behind.

"In all seriousness, I'm glad you went searching for me. But. . . Were you guys being followed?"

The Guardians all replied 'No'.

Y/n let out a sigh of relief, "Good."

"Why? What's going on?" Tooth asked.

"I thought I saw things. A new evil." She held her head, "Something to do with nature. . ." Her pupils dilated, "But I'd be scared. This being seems much more powerful than Pitch."

"Let's try not to worry about that now. We need to have your ceremony!" North boomed.

"My what?"

"To become a Guardian!" 

Y/n bit her lip and looked at Jack, "I thought I said what I did was temporary. That when I killed Pitch it'd be over."

"But you didn't kill Pitch." Jack smirked, "I did."

Y/n's face dulled at the realization, "Oh, hell no. . ."

"So you're with us until this new evil is gone." Jack chuckled.

. . .

Jack and Y/n were on the balcony connected to her room. Y/n was leaning against the railing, while Jack was standing with his hands in his pockets.

"You know, I really thought you were gone." 

"Yeah, me too. I don't know how I got back."

"You don't?"

Y/n shook her head, but her eyes widened, "Did you guys tell Cupid I was alive?"

"Uh-"

"Where is he? I need to--"

Jack grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss. He needed that desperately. 

Y/n's eyes widened, but she didn't refuse. She closed her eyes and melted into the feeling.

"Oi, c'mon we need to- Awh! Gross!" 

Jack and Y/n broke out of the kiss, Y/n's face became with embarrassment.

"Seriously, Kangaroo?" Jack furrowed his eyebrows.

Bunny covered his eyes, "I just needed to say that we have to get going."

Y/n's eyes softened, "Whoa, I'm not going anywhere. . ."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Jack turned around and looked at Y/n with a confused expression.

"I mean, I haven't been here for a while. . . I want to go back to how I was before, but I want to be with you guys as well. . . But my Souls and my fairies need me."

Jack's eyes softened, "But they're doing just fine!"

"I-I guess. . . But I need to establish my dominance on this place again. Even if it takes me a couple years, I need this time."

Bunny walked off, "Figure it out. We'll be exploring."

"Go ahead." Y/n sighed, "I granted you all access to the top floors."

She heard North rush up the stairs.

Jack turned back to Y/n, "Then, can I stay here, too?"

Y/n's eyes lit up, but they quickly dulled again, "But what about your job? I don't want you to cut your responsibilities just so you can stay with me. . ."

"I'd do anything for you."

Y/n's face became red and her eyes widened, "W-What--?"

"Y/n, I-I love you."

End.