Happy Birthday! [Special Chapter]

Since the 17th is my birthday (of this month, of course) I wrote this! My birthday is close to Valentine's Day so I chose this image.. This Special Chapter will be put on both this book and the sequel. Enjoy!

Y/n opened her eyes. She lay in bed, confused, at why there were so many colorful decorations in her dark styled room. She removed the covers from her now cold body and stepped out of bed, slipping her feet into conveniently placed slippers and rubbed her groggy eyes.

Y/n touched some of the decor, a lot of balloons and banners hung around, as well as carefully placed streamers. She wondered how she managed to sleep through all of this. Y/n exited her room and was met to more banners and streamers. She was confused, no doubt; but who had done this?

She made her way downstairs, no Souls to be in sight. Weird, she thought to herself. Y/n looked around the grand floor, in the library.. in the main room.. Nothing, except for decorations.

Y/n went to the cafeteria, that was pitch dark. She looked for a light and switched it on.

"Surprise!"

Y/n flinched as streamers flew towards her, as well as confetti, colorful eggs, sand figures, snowflakes, and gifts. "Um, what is going on here?"

All the Guardians and Souls were standing in the cafeteria, which was overly decorated and Y/n was horrified at the thought that she would have to clean the entirety of the castle. Elves ran around spreading more decorations.

"It's your birthday!" North smiled.

"Happy Birthday, Grim Reaper!" Tooth smiled.

The Sandman made a party hat above his head while the Easter Bunny mumbled a 'Happy Birthday'.

Y/n's eyes went to Jack, and his look showed that he was the one behind this.

"What do you mean by 'it's my birthday'?" Y/n knelt down and looked at the gifts, eggs, and the melted snowflakes and piled, glowing sand.

"Well it's been two thousand and one year since you've been a Spirit!" Jack said.

"How do you know?" Y/n looked up and raised a brow.

"The Moon said so." He smiled.

Y/n stood up, "So you threw a party? For me?"

"Of course!" Tooth flew over, "We've never thrown a birthday party before, so we thought this would be fun!"

"Isn't this just a mortal thing though? I mean, the mother went through nine months of pain as well as birth, but the baby gets all the celebration..?"

They became quiet.

The Souls were always quiet, but they were now preparing other things.

Y/n chuckled, surprising them, "I'm kidding. Thank you all."

Jack blinked, "Oh, well, you're welcome."

. . .

"Where did Jack go?" Y/n mumbled to herself. North, Tooth, Bunny, and Sandman were all playing games that the Souls had set up. They looked aggravated.

Y/n wandered around the first floor of the castle, but had no luck whatsoever. So, she went outside.

"Help!"

Y/n swung the door open to see a tree branch had gotten a hold of Jack's leg as he was in the foggy air upside down. His staff was on the floor. She burst out laughing.

"Hey! Stop laughing, I need help!"

"J-Just freeze the thing, Jack..." Y/n said between small giggles.

Jack did as she had said and fell to the ground with a groan. Y/n walked over to him and helped him up.

"You got some aggressive trees."

"That's their job."

"Why'd they attack me? Don't I get rights here?"

Y/n shrugged.

Jack picked up his staff and smirked, "So.. About what you said the other day.."

Her face burst a bright red and she hid her face by pulling her hood over her face, "Seriously, Jack?!"

"Oh my gosh... You-You.. You get so flustered so easily!"

"Shut the hell up! Isn't this supposed to be my day?!"

"I wanna make it our day.. Oh, this is good."

"Jack, you're a jerk.."

Jack laughed and tapped her shoulder, making her look at him. Her posture became poise as he held out a neatly wrapped gift with light blue wrapping paper. "Here." He said and ushered the present toward her.

Y/n hesitantly took it, caught off guard by the affectionate gesture. She opened it slowly, and in it was...

Y/n let out a breathy chuckle, almost offended in a silly way. "It's your hoodie.."

"Yup. I made one just for you." He winked. "Wait. I mean, I made the one I'm wearing for me, but the one you have is my original one."

"I don't know which one is better." Y/n teased. She took off her cloak, revealing her stripped tank top and put on the hoodie. "It's.. Cold.." She smiled, "But in a calming way."

"Happy Birthday, my love."