Chapter 29: I. . .

i got 4k reads in less than a month on wattpad?? omggg tysm for 12.3k

"Y/n, there's something I wanted to tell you." Jack said, looking over at her.

A small smile on her face, she looked towards Jack, "Hm? What is it?"

"I. . ."

Small and panicked growls, about ten of them, cut Jack off.

Y/n's face brightened at the sight of her fairies, bringing her the news she asked for.

They spoke in a language unknown to anyone but Y/n and her fairies. A language that they had come up with.

"Ana Boston? Interesting name. . ."

"What?" Jack raised an eyebrow as he lifted a finger to one of the fairies, "Heh, just like Tooth." The fairy turned her skull head and sat on his finger, swinging her legs.

"Have you figured out her intentions?" Y/n asked.

The fairy spoke to her, and as soon as it finished, Y/n couldn't help but laugh, "We're her new targets? Pathetic."

"Who are you talking about?" Jack asked, scooting closer to Y/n.

"Those bodies we 'disposed' of, their killer is after us." Y/n's eyes shifted to a large tree, "And she's watching us right now."

A figure moved from the tree and disappeared.

"Ah, it's fine. We can take her if necessary."

"Yeah, but, she shouldn't be our main concern. We still have Pitch we need to take care of."

Jack formed a snowflake in his hand and had it glide to Y/n's nose, "Hey, remember that is a date, so let's try not to talk about stuff like that."

"But--"

Jack looked at her with a certain face that seemed to feel her with guilt, "Okay, fine. . ."

He smiled, "Thanks."

"Oh, was there something you wanted to tell me?" Y/n asked looking back to the fountain.

Jack hesitated, "It's nothing, never mind."

Her eyes softened as she turned her gaze to Jack, "You can tell me anything, you know. I know my reputation has been set as anti-social and rude, but I like you. . . As a friend, that is." She shifted her eyes away, almost feeling as if lying that she felt like he was just a friend.

"A friend, huh?"

She bit her lip unconsciously, gnawing on the tender skin.

"So, what do you have planned now?" Y/n asked.

Jack stood up, "Well, I had something planned, but I don't think I'm going to do it anymore." He walked away, "You can do whatever, I'm going back."

"Jack, wait--" Y/n stood up, but he continued walking without even glancing at her. She gulped and looked down, digging her shoe into the frozen dirt.

The sun was already setting, and Y/n huffed. If Jack was going back home, maybe she'd go look for Pitch herself, and hopefully without Jack's knowledge, since there was no doubt he'd try and stop her.

Forgetting about the news story of a flying cloaked figure, Y/n stealthily stole a cloak from a shop, completely unseen. She put it on and flew to the apartment and on her windowsill. She opened the window as quietly as she possibly could and ditched the cloak she was wearing for her own. Y/n rummaged through her dresser and picked up her charms. She grabbed her scythe out of her closet and hung the charms onto it's stick.

Y/n accidentally bumped her scythe on the window, slightly cracking it as she flew high into the sky, above the clouds where no one could see her and flew off to Pitch's old hideout.

She landed in a tree, kneeling down. Y/n unconsciously gripped onto the necklace that Cupid had given to her, unaware that that was how she would summon him.