Chapter Twenty: The Reaper

yey we made it to chapter twenty~ this is the most recent chapter, as of June 25th

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked Jack, hoping he'd have an idea - something fun.

He shrugged.

"Aren't you the Guardian of Fun?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Jack opened the door to our apartment room. (sorry, i don't live in an apartment so i'm kinda making this up..)

The TV crackled to life, not literally.

Jack and I rushed over to see.

"This just in, the murder by the Burgess River was just confirmed. The family did not make it. A note appeared to be left with disturbing content. The note is signed by a person called The Reaper. Police are investigating for hand writing recognition and fingerprints. The police also want to announce that there is now a curfew, if you are planning to be alone. If you want to go out past seven o' clock, then the police highly recommend going with a group of friends or neighbors."

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned off the television, "The murderer is called The Reaper. Does that sound familiar to you..?" I asked, though it was my name: The Grim Reaper.

"Yeah, that sounds like you. The Grim Reaper...The Reaper. You think The Reaper believes in you?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"Doubt it. I'm more of a term so to say." I crossed my arms as I sat on the sofa.

"Along with that Cupid guy, right?"

"I'm sure many people believe in him."

"Didn't you say that you didn't want to be believed in?" Jack smirked and sat next to me.

I looked at him in disbelief, "I did. But what does that have to do with anything?"

"I saw the sorrow in your eyes. You've been around for- what- two thousand years? Only about fifteen years before Pitch."

"You remember my story?" My eyes widen.

He nodded, "A story?"

"Well- It's a true story." I changed the subject, "How are we going to investigate tonight?"

"How many cloaks do you have?" Jack asked.

"I can ask my fairies to get us some..?"

Jack gave a nod.

"You can throw one of those magical snowballs at anyone who's watching it, then we can take a look. Sound like a plan?" I smiled.

"They were investigating a crime..But then they started investigating each other.."

- Cole Sprouse

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I ALREADY HAVE 1.7K READERS. Thank you so much~! <3