Chapter Fourty Four: We're a Team, Aren't We?

Y/n had gotten back her scythe, and she flew out of the Lair, Jack's Mock and Pitch following behind.

Tooth gasped, "It's Pitch!"

North bellowed, "Well? What are we waiting for?!"

Jack flew by Y/n, who flinched.

"What're you scared for?" He smirked.

She shook her head, "Shut up, Frost." Y/n quickly brought her scythe up on its blade to dodge the incoming attack.

Jack went to go fight his Mock.

Pitch, although, had disappeared.

"Where'd that bastard go. . ?" Y/n's e/c eyes surveyed the area, squinting so she could get a better look.

A line of black sand wrapped around Y/n's waist and threw her up thousands of feet in the sky. She held a strong grip on her scythe. Y/n could spot the sleigh, but Jack's Mock was holding the Guardians up.

Pitch flew up by her on a platform of black sand, Nightmares surrounding him, "Guess it's just us, huh, Grim Reaper?"

"I guess so."

"Do you regret your choices? How you left the dark side?"

Y/n shifted, "Took a thousand years, yet I only stayed for two. Upsetting, right?" She spat.

Pitch furrowed his brows, "I've become more powerful, don't you think? I managed to trick the Moon into making you mortals. . So I can finally finish the two of you off." He quickly turned around and shot something toward the figure behind him, but they dodged.

It was Jack. He started to fight Pitch head on.

Y/n looked at the charm she had not yet used for the entirety of her life. It was a charm, with a circle on which hung three gems. She gripped it, activating the magic.

It seemed nothing happened, but she felt a glint of light in her eye, and turned around to face the Moon. It was emitting some sort of power to her.

My power, the Moon said.

"Your power--?"

"Y/n, look out!" Jack yelled.

Y/n turned around to see a sharp object fly toward her, she dodged with her scythe. Jack flew under Pitch and up to Y/n.

"Nice of you to join." Y/n said.

"Thanks, this isn't the first time I've done this. So you could say I'm an expert."

"Why didn't you help your fellow Guardians?" She rolled her eyes.

"Hey, we're a team, aren't we?"

Y/n shook her head playfully, but she looked at the Moon from the corner of her eye.

His power? So I can do anything I want?!

Y/n grabbed Jack's hand, and pulled him down, quitting her flying.

He gasped for air, "What are you doing?!"

"Turning us back." Y/n and Jack landed in the river, and if they died, then they died- and that meant the charm didn't work.

Jack emerged from the water, along with Y/n.

"What'd you do? Why'd you do that?! We could've been--" Jack nodded his head, "Oh. . ."

"Back to being immortal! Don't you feel more alive?"

Y/n flew back up and pointed her scythe at Pitch, "Ready for a fight of a lifetime?"