Chapter Nineteen: Murder

Panic! At The Disco's new album is the sh*t

I was thankful that Jack had waited for my "return", meaning we would both be quite late to school. It was already past 9:00 in the morning.

I could occasionally catch Jack looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"What?" I asked.

"Hm?" He smirked.

My cheeks turned red as I looked straight ahead as we continued walking to school, only slightly rushing.

Jack must've caught my blushing as he snickered.

Sirens were heard in the distance, many of them actually.

Jack and I looked at each other as we stopped and looked behind us, red and blue flashing.

Students were rushing out of the school, our school.

Mason had passed by, I grabbed his arm.

"Huh? Oh, Y/N-!"

"What's going on?" I asked.

Mason glanced at Jack then back at me, "They released students from the school, I don't know why they didn't go in lockdown."

"What? Why would they go in lock down..?" Jack asked.

"You didn't hear?"

Jack and I looked at each other, then to Mason as we shook our heads.

"A family by the river was murdered. That's all we know now." Mason walked away with a wave, "See ya when they allow us back to school!"

"Yeah, bye.." I quietly said. I looked up at Jack, "Wanna.. Go check it out?"

"What? You must be kidding." Jack smirked, I knew he wanted to. I think he was surprised that I was up for it.

"Hopefully those fairies of mine put them out before they felt too much pain.." I mumbled to myself.

"We better wait until night. Out of experience, police might leave it guarded but they won't clean the mess up immediately.." I gave a nod towards the apartment, "I don't think they'll want teens walking around right by a murder scene."

3rd Person, We Input a Woman Dressed in a Dark Outfit

A tall figure, most likely a female, stared at the "couple".

"Interesting.." The woman spoke, a little bit of blood on her hand. Clearly she hadn't completely cleaned up. "A boy with white hair and a grim looking girl.. There faces will be intriguing when they scream in pain." gee, psycho much?

1st Person, We Input the Two Guardians; Walking Back to Their Shared Apartment

"I guess that river is kind of known for death.." I mumbled, "That's where I first became a Spirit."

"Really? So was I, but it was frozen."

"Interesting.."

I whipped my head around, hearing a deep female voice, but no one was around.

"What? Is everything okay?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, yeah." I furrowed my eyebrows and whistled a five note tune.

Jack looked confused.

Around ten of my fairies flew to me instantly, "Find out who that voice belongs to. Report to me when you do, as soon as possible."

They nodded and flew off.

Jack looked at me, confused.

"Just doing business as usual."