Chapter Forty: Jack Frost's Doubts

In just in the few months that Jack and Y/n knew each other, they had already had multiple fights. But they always made up. Jack started to doubt his chances with Y/n. He wasn't sure whether she would be dynamic in these events. Would she change at all?

The Grim Reaper was formerly known as a cold, evil, and anti-social Spirit to Jack Frost and basically every other Spirit/Guardian. She was never one to talk to other Spirits except for Cupid, but they spent 20 years apart until their reunion.

"Troubling, is she not?"

Jack's head whipped up, and he looked to see a  in a white cloak, blood on her scythe

Jack's head whipped up, and he looked to see a in a white cloak, blood on her scythe. He held up his staff in a protective and offensive manner, ready to attack the Mock.

"Whoa there, snowman. I'm not here to harm you."

"Then what do you want?"

"You were just thinking of the Grim Reaper, were you not?"

Jack stayed quiet, and the woman smirked.

"I'm the opposite of her, so to speak. I'm not cold, evil, or anti-social like she is. Plus. . . The Cupid guy is a real nuisance, isn't he?"

"Y-Yeah, I guess. . ." Jack furrowed his brows, "Whose blood is on your scythe?"

The woman squinted her eyes, and she spat out a lie, "Why, the Grim Reaper of course!"

Jack's pupils dilated, "Y-You killed h-her?!"

"She was a pest needing to get rid of anyway."

Jack gritted his teeth.

"Jack, dear, she broke your heart. Even after all you two have been through. You two kissed, too. Hm, Jack, do you know what Grim means?" He stayed silent. "Well it has to do with an uninviting nature. It'd only seem natural that she would have pushed you away either way. But I-" She caressed his cheek, "--am not grim."

He smacked her hand away, "You don't seriously think I believed that you killed her, did you?"

"Not necessarily. But she's dead to you anyway, right dear?"

"Don't call me that."

The woman's face became hollow with annoyance, "Then what about, gosh what's her name. . ? Y/n! She's so~ many things, is she not? Forbidding. Dour. Harsh. Sour. Ill-tempered. Dreadful."

"Enough." Jack muttered, and his hands unconsciously went up to his ears.

The woman started to walk closer to Jack, "Dreary. Dismal. Wretched. Depressing. Comfortless. Horrid. Grues--"

"I said enough!" Jack yelled, and a strong force of wind and ice blew the woman back at least 100 yards into the hard rock. She let out a loud, pained scream.

. . .

A loud, feminine scream made both Cupid and Y/n jump.

"What the hell was that?!" Cupid exclaimed.