Part 22

After May unlocks the hotel room, the first thing Kuwabara does is dump the still sleeping Yusuke on the couch, cracking his back afterwards. "What did that guy eat?" he complains.

"I'm sure he would counter with telling you it's pure muscle." May chuckles before gazing around the room.

Kuwabara takes his and Yusuke's stuff over towards a bedroom, calling dibs. The masked fighter heads for another, quickly closing the door behind them. May takes her stuff towards the only other door to find a bedroom with en suite bathroom. It has one single bed and a double bed.

May tries to see if see can split up the double bed so there will be enough beds for all of them. "Don't bother. I won't be sleeping here." Hiei states, throwing his stuff in the corner of the room.

"Oh. Okay. Whatever floats your boat I guess." May replies, pushing the two box springs back together.

"You may take that bed if you'd like." Kurama offers.

"If you're sure?" May hesitates. Kurama only nods, setting his stuff down by the other bed.

Shrugging, May sets off to explore the bathroom. It has a neat shower behind a tiled blue wall that splits up the room. "Nice." she breathes before turning around and walking back to the common room where the others have gathered.

"At least they make you comfortable before they try to kill you." she speaks up, an ironic smile plastered on her face.

"I hear ya." Kuwabara mumbles, gaping up at the chandelier above them.

Someone knocks on the door, calling out to have coffee for them. Kuwabara lets the man in, letting him serve out the drink before retreating.

Kuwabara refuses to drink it, going for a drink he brought himself, just to be safe. May doesn't touch hers either, knowing she will not sleep that night and is currently making tea for herself.

"This is strange! There is a cup missing." she hears Kurama exclaim, eying the two remaining cups on the table.

"There were definitely six of them and since me and May are not drinking ours..." Kuwabara starts, putting the numbers together in his head.

"That's why it's strange. Yusuke is still asleep." Kurama points out.

Their eyes rush towards the kitchenette as they hear May squeal in surprise. She turned around to face the back of a brightly dressed boy crouching on the bar that is sided near the living area.

"Could you be any louder sister?" the boy scowls, looking over his shoulder at May, who watches him wide eyed.

"When did he get in the room?" Kurama asks himself as they all rush to their feet, not having sensed it.

"There's no doubt, he was hiding in this room from the start." Kuwabara says, believing that to be the only possible explanation.

"Hiding? That's outrageous. I came through the door for sure!" the boy points out, offended. "Oh, maybe I forgot to knock." he says guiltily before taking a big swig of coffee. That explains where the cup went. May can't help but think it unhealthy.

"I'm overdue introducing myself huh? I'm Rinku." he informs them. "I'm chief of special attacks for the Rokuyokai team, who you'll fight tomorrow in the first round." he explains.

"Must be nice to be guests." Rinku muses, putting his now empty cup down on its side and balancing on it playfully, only using two fingers. "You don't have to go to the boring opening ceremonies or the briefing sessions, just straight on to the matches."