Part 35

May doesn't have words for what is happening right now. Team Uraotogi's members really aren't that though, but what they lack in strength, they excel in trickery. Right now, one specific trick is turning her boyfriend to nothing, zero, zilch.

Uraurashima had pulled out a red box of sorts, telling Kurama that its contents will make the teen younger until he reduces to the point before conception. May can't imagine the end result as there is nothing before that, you simply do not exist.

She can sense his energy waning with each passing second. The dense fog in the dome created by Uraurashima keeps her and everyone else from seeing what is happening to Kurama. She can only sense that it's not good. She begins to feel a familiar sense of panic starting to settle in her stomach.

Hiei and Kuwabara are looking tense as well. With only the three of them fighting right now since Yusuke and Genkai have still not returned, this fight is though enough as it is. And not knowing what is happening to their friend makes their stress levels sky rocket.

As the three of them are preparing for the worst, when Kurama's demon energy slips below a point for them to register any more, a sudden spike of energy reaches them full force.

"What is that?" May wonders as she eyes the mist swirling in front of her wearily.

It's such a strong force it makes her knees weak. It feels like Kurama, but yet it doesn't. She's trying hard to make sense of it. Suddenly her eyes widen in realization. Kurama was not nothing before he was an infant!

She looks towards Hiei who smirks, confirming her suspicions. This is insane. Could Uraurashima have unwittingly turned the Kurama she knows back into his previous form, before his spirit traveled to the human world?

May glares into the mist. She wishes she could see now more than ever. She wants to know if the boy she fell in love with is still there or if he's been replaced by someone she doesn't know.

"What the heck is that guy doing?" Kuwabara, frustraded and annoyed that he can't see anything still, cuts into her thoughts.

She looks up to see him eying Shishiwakamaru who has unsheathed his katana. And before anyone can stop him he has thrown it, cutting right through the barrier and leaving a puncture where the smoke comes pouring out.

"What did he do that for?" Kuwabara muses.

They watch the barrier disappear completely and finally the smoke is given room to dissipate. At last they can see what is going on inside and they are in for a shock.

Uraurashima in nowhere to be found, but there is a red-skinned demon's corps in the ring, Shishiwakamaru's katana pierced through its neck. But the biggest surprise is standing tall in front of the dead creature.

Standing at around seven feet tall is a lean man with long silver hair cascading down his back, reaching down to a tail of the same color. His golden eyes are set on the killer of his opponent, watching him intently.

May is taking in every inch of the man that is unmistakably the famed Youko Kurama. She doesn't even note the child sized Yuri, their new referee, popping back into adulthood within the blink of an eye.

May is apprehensive of this form, has his mind changed as much as his body? She's scared to find out. She clutches her hands and watches him, trying to find the faintest trace of the man she loves. Sure, she'd be lying if the sight of the fox doesn't make her mouth water. He looks like an Adonis for crying out loud. But if that means that he has had to trade in his complete character, then she really couldn't care less. She just wants the old Kurama back.

A glance is thrown her way, but before she can decipher anything from it, he returns to his former form. He's a little disheveled looking, but there is no doubt that he's back to his old self completely.

He is announced to be the winner, but hardly looks satisfied with the win. It was Shishiwakamaru who killed his opponent after all.

He eyes the demon who retrieves his sword from his former teammate. He takes out his dice once more. It lands on Shishiwakamaru's name and 'free choice'.

The demon's fangirls scream at the prospect of seeing him fight while the remaining members of Team Urameshi look to each other who will go next. But when Shishi antagonizes Kuwabara, his choice is quickly made.

Kuwabara mindlessly rushes at him, but is held back by his teammates who also are eager to fight. May watches the sparks fly between them as they try to out reason each other before sweat dropping as they decide to battle it out in a match of Janken.

She turns away from them with a sight, "Embarrassing..."

Kuwabara seems to win, but Hiei calls him out as a cheater. May never thought she would hear someone like Hiei use the word 'latesies'. His Jagan glowing blue and making Kuwabara sweat a little. They go a few more rounds they play before a decision is reached. The round is won by Kuwabara, but this time through honest luck. The other two look completely bummed out.

"Oh suck it up boys. Let him have his fun." May tells them, rolling her eyes. They were acting like children.

Excited, Kuwabara jumps into the ring to start off... possibly the shortest fight ever.

"Where did Kuwabara go?" May wonders.

Shishiwakamaru threw a veil over him and then he was just... gone. She glances around the arena, hoping to see him pop up somewhere.

"I don't sense him." Kurama mutters worriedly.

"Not even I know where he went." Shishi chuckles. "You'll have to ask this thing." he motions to the veil. "The mantle of Death."

May's eyes narrow, "I've heard of it. It's like a teleportation portal gone mad. Let's hope he ended up somewhere safe."

Shishiwakamaru throws the dice once more. It's a free choice for his team against Mask. May frowns. She hasn't seen Genkai around in a while. As Hiei goes to step up, a hand falls on his shoulder.

Looking back they see her standing behind him. She is still masked, but her energy is different from before. Yusuke isn't with her either. What happened between them? What changed?

Hiei frowns down at her, accusing her of being someone else entirely, until she reveals that she transferred her Reiki to Yusuke. May watches her closely as she steps up to face Shishi. Will she still be able to handle a fight with him?