Part 33

"I don't see the resemblance at all." May blinks as she eyes the blue bird-like creature perched atop Yusuke's head.

Yusuke in reply throws out his hands, "Finally! Someone who is not laughing their face off at my situation." He has had enough grief for a lifetime thanks to his hatched Spirit beast, dubbed Puu.

"No. He looks much more gentle and docile compared to your bad attitude and recklessness... He's better looking too." May continues, making Yusuke balk and Kuwabara spit out his breakfast laughing.

"Jeesh, well thanks a lot May." the detective grumbles grumpily, crossing his arms in annoyance while Puu squeaks in glee at the compliment.

May grins. She'll be damned if she is going to keep out of the fun.

After finishing breakfast, Yusuke jumps to his feet. "Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna check out the competition." he states before looking over at May.

"You're coming with me." He snatches her up by the arm and drags her after him, making her drop her sandwich. "Someone needs to keep an eye on you now you're hooking up with that fox boy." he explains.

"Hey!" she exclaims indignantly.

"I don't see you dragging Keiko around!" she argues as she's dragged out the door with Kuwabara following after them.

"Unlike you, Keiko's smart." he counters, making her hiss like an angry cat.

When they reach the stadium, Kurama, Hiei and the Mask are already there. The crowd is in an uproar. The match must be a good one if the fans are this excited.

"It's already over." Kurama informs them as they approach.

"What?!" Kuwabara exclaims. They were only a little late. "Unbelievable. You mean to tell me they settled everything in just the five minutes it took us to get here?"

"Two to be precise." Kurama points out dryly.

"It wasn't worth their trouble. Their opponents were just too weak." Hiei mutters before taking notice of Puu. "That's fine and all, but what is that ridiculous appendage growing on your head?" he asks Yusuke.

"It's a puberty thing." Yusuke replies grumpily. "By the way, Kurama, are your injuries doing okay?" he wonders.

Kurama nods. "I'm sure I'll have recovered by tomorrow."

He throws a quick smile towards May. She had him taking it easy all day yesterday. Normally she is a sweet girl, caring, but nearly bit his head off when he tried sneak out after a few hours of being restless.

Hiei smirks, "Stop trying to put up with it for your pride's sake." he taunts, knowing the fox is probably still sore all over.

Kurama blinks innocently. "It will be a fine contest to see which of us can put up with the most, wouldn't it?" he muses, knowing for a fact that Hiei is worse off than he is. The fire demon glances away sheepishly, avoiding eye contact.

"That's it!" Kuwabara exclaims, excited all of a sudden. "Kurama, have Yukina-san treat you!" he suggests, making Hiei's eyes grow wide in shock at the mention off the name.

"Who?" May wonders.

"She was at the stadium the day before yesterday." Kurama offers as explanation, making May hum. That's the girl Kuwabara went all nuts about.

"Between her healing abilities and your medicinal herbs, it can't miss!" Kuwabara chatters on.

"Actually, she says she came looking for her older brother!" he continues, making Hiei's expression darken. "Once the tournament is over, I'm going to help her search."