A close call

Your pov~~~~~~~~

I kept my eyes closed as I slowly drifted awake. I felt some fur on my face, it was soft. But the thing that woke me up was remembering my dream.

'Wasn't a dream, (Y/N)'

'Huh. Wha-oh your my new friend...Feral, right?'

'The one and only. Now wake up and eat'

I slowly open my eyes and sit up. I mentally asked her why and she said that she was my guide/friend.

'But I can't eat anything'

'Crawl to the Kitchen. Don't wake the dog. Make a mess and then you'll get fed'

'Really!?' I thought in excitement as I slowly slide of the side of the couch. And eager grin on my face.

'Hell yeah. No problems. Just go'

'Okey!'

I was wearing full body pj's so the ground didn't hurt my hands or knees. I crawled along the floor because I couldn't walk when I'm this tired.

'You can as a kitten'

'Great idea, Feral!'

I morphed into a kitten, the pj's disappeared and replaced by fur. My (f/c) collar, and it's little bell jingled. So I tug it off and threw it across the room. Making very little noise.

'But enough noise to wake the dog! Hide!'

I immediately hide around the corner of the island bench in thd kitchen. My fur sorta blended into the background as Bashi freaked out on the couch. He stuck his nose onto the pillow I was on and inhaled my scent. He was following it until my bell gleamed in the distance. He picked it up in his mouth and went down the hallway.

'He's looking for me. Should I go to him?'

'Nah'

'Okey'

I turned and pounced up onto a bench. A row of cupboards were now in reach. I morphed into my toddler form and sat, waiting for my next move.

'Take a looksy!'

I did as told and pulled open a cupboard. The hinges squeeked as the board door moved. Inside was a colourful box.

'Wha's tha?'

'Check it out'

I cautiously pulled the box out. It all looked like gibberish. I'm a small child, yeah, but I was super smart when I was...older, what happened.

'I...um..you have the knowledge of when you were...this age?'

'Idek how old I am!'

'I can read it though, hmmm. I don't know if we can eat that'

'Why?'

'Something about rat...pois? The box is scratched'

'Hey! Dad's a rat, so he probably eats this all the time'

'Im your guide tho. I don't think that's good to eat'

'Never know until you try'

'Still but I looks like-'

"In mouth goes!" I cheer to myself. I had pulled out a weird spongey block. It didn't look nice but it smelled funky. Funky is spelt funky!

I opened my mouth wide. It was half way in.

"Aaaaaa-" is the sound I had with my mouth open.

"No Stop!"