Three

"ARE you serious? How could you be brothers when Philippines was Asia's son?" Egypt questioned, doubting USA's claim.

Algeria went closer, joining the conversation. She defended her sister's claim by showing USA a three-fold magazine that lists the name of families according to their mothers, like a family tree.

 She defended her sister's claim by showing USA a three-fold magazine that lists the name of families according to their mothers, like a family tree

"Feeling humiliated liar?" Kenya said, raising a judging eyebrow.

USA laughed in response as he brought his hands up in the air like a defeated criminal. "Chill, my ladies. I don't mean to upset you. By saying Philippines and I were brothers, I mean, not literally."

"What?"

USA cleared his throat. "Actually, we're allies. I took control over the colony in the late 19th century. I influenced his culture and religion. I also took a major part in claiming his independence."

"Good job, brother," Dominica said as she patted USA's shoulder. "Why don't you tell them about the 16 million pesos worth of silver coins that were dumped near Corregidor by the Filipino and American officials side by side?"

Dominica was referring to the Fall of Manila in 1942, that time when the Filipino and American officials have planned ways on how to keep the Philippine National Treasury out of the enemy's hands.

"Oh, that one. I remember that some of it wasn't retrieved up to this day. Right, Philippines?"

They're talking about my history, Philippines thought.

"Y-Yeah. It's true," he confirmed.

USA smirked. "So, are we brothers, then?"

"Yes we are."

Spain interrupted their conversation. "What does the fox says?" he snickered. "Did we forget Ferdinand Magellan here? The Spanish colonizer who was the first to claim the Philippine islands?"

"Hmp, he died when the fierce warriors of the Filipino sultan, Lapu-Lapu killed him," Dominica deadpanned.

Spain puffed out air roughly. "But Magellan still took a great role in changing the Philippine history, mind you."

"Okay, I'll buy that one," USA said.

I became nothing here, Philippines thought.

Canada drummed her hands hard on the podium. "Enough. That's enough. We've seen too much of Philippines. Let's go back to the right order of brandishing the eldest in each family."

USA and Dominica get back to their respective seats. Spain also sat down with his European family at the center of the palace. Philippines, who had been the point of interest, slouched in his chair. Thailand patted his back gently. "It's okay, brother. You have us."

Yeah, but why do I feel so low?

xx

Thank you so much for reading my book :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]