Eleven

KAZAKHSTAN brings up the topic of Nepal and Taiwan's death. First, he narrated the tale of the conjoined twins: China and Taiwan.

The two were so close when they were young: One cannot stand without the other. They shared each other's belongings, laughed over jokes and cried for some time. Some said that they would be inseparable even when their bodies aren't attached. However,  the most interesting feature they had is their hearts that beat as one - they only have one heart.

One day, while they were playing in the neighbor's house ...

"My grandma told me that they have this old belief that says giving birth to twins is ill luck. So, if a mother gave birth to twins, she will be asked who is elder. The elder one is lucky because he is the original while the younger one is told to emit negative energy because he is a clone," the neighbor said.

Taiwan's eyes grew wide. "Really?"

"Yeah, and that younger one would be condemned for the rest of his life."

China raised her hands up in the air. "I am the elder one!"

"No!" Taiwan opposed. "I came out in mother's womb first so I'm definitely older than you!"

"Shut up! I read in a book that the last baby to get out of the womb is the elder one! I'm older!" China argued, pushing Taiwan off the ground.

The small argument grew until someone notified the Asian household. Korea and Thailand fetched and brought the twins home. India scolded China and Taiwan and made them swear not to fight again. The two promised and Korea made it clear that China is the elder one. Singapore also warned them not to go to their neighbor's house again to avoid hearing pointless comparisons and having conflict.

The news that China is the legitimate person spread fast like wildfire. It greatly affected Taiwan because she is oppressed. She shut her doors to the world and kept all the pain to herself. However, she sees herself as a legitimate person and that she isn't bad luck.

As the days went by, China is being praised in school for her intelligence. On the contrary, Taiwan is never recognized although she's a genius too. No one also likes to get close to her for the people believed she attracts bad omen.

As they grew up, things started to become so difficult for them. China is an extrovert girl, while Taiwan is introverted. One day, Taiwan raised her concern in the family that she needed privacy but she can't have a private life when she is unified with China. They are very different from each other so they should be separated.

However, China is hostile towards Taiwan's request, saying it would be dangerous as they only have one heart and a huge part of it lies in China's body.

"You will die without me, Taiwan," China said, looking concerned for her twin.

Nevertheless, Taiwan insisted on their separation and their siblings pitied her. So, they asked help from UAE to donate money to support their expensive operation.

It was a success; the two young girls were finally disconnected. China got the heart while Taiwan is undergoing a heart transplant. Taiwan's wish of being independent is finally granted.

Weeks after the operation, Taiwan felt an inexplicable pain in her back, chest, until her whole body became numb. She even coughed blood so they immediately rushed her to the nearby hospital.

A few hours later, she died because of medical complications. There was a flaw in the operation. China cried, holding her twin's lifeless body. There's nothing as painful as losing a twin. The Asian family consoled her while mourning for Taiwan's death.

"She would always be a part of me," China uttered in regret.

Many people said that it's the fault of the doctors who operated Taiwan while some believed that Taiwan died because of China's selfishness. She's claiming everything to be hers, lowering Taiwan's self-esteem. If only she didn't tell everyone that she's the elder one, then Taiwan wouldn't be oppressed and depressed.

Some also blamed Taiwan for her desperation to claim her independence although she's told that it's risky. She refused to listen to the people around her and that led to her demise.

"One cannot stand without the other," the spectators concluded.

xx

That was the tale of China and Taiwan.

I made this up guys so please don't judge me for this! :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]