Ten

PHILIPPINES couldn't sleep that night. Could it be because of what sleep scientists termed as the 'first night effect?' That when you are in a strange or unfamiliar place, you can't sleep on the first night because one hemisphere of the brain stays awake to 'keep watch' because it senses more danger than usual.

After a few minutes of pretending to be asleep, Philippines sat up on the bed, gasping out of frustration. Japan was lying on the bed beside him and he doesn't want to wake him so he stood up and made his way to the living room.

He began to think about of lots of things, such as how good it feels to have a family. When he was young, he spent most of his time inside the orphanage for Nanny Venus doesn't want him to go out like watch movies, buy groceries, go to parties, etc. He didn't get to see the beauty of the outside world because of the Nanny's over-protectiveness. He was so lonely. Once, he thought: Are there other people who were as lonely as me?

One day, Nanny Venus told him that the reason why he locked him up inside the orphanage because she was afraid that the world might change him. She loved him so much; he was her favourite child in the orphanage. She often told him that he was a sweet baby and an inborn genius. True to that, he taught himself about the different languages in the world so he can understand all the people living in the planet. He was always curious.

He smiled, recounting those memories in the past. Now, something makes me curious, he thought.

He went outside and rode Japan's helicopter. He doesn't know how to use it but he observed how Japan operated the keys and buttons and that is the only thing that boosted his confidence.

Voila! He succeeded in making it fly. There's no one as happy as he is right now.

-o-

PHILIPPINES wanted to be happy so he went all the way to Shangri-La's Fijian Resort. There, he saw many people and sexy girls.

"Hi," the girls waved at him, flashing their brilliant smiles. They stepped closer and pulled him, flaunting their sexy bodies.

Philippines felt uneasy. "Wait wait wai-," he said but the girls didn't let him go.

Suddenly, someone appeared from behind, tossing the girls aside. "I'm sorry girls but he's rather mine for the night," a baritone voice said. The girls looked at him in disbelief, probably thinking he's gay. They went away, swaying their hips seductively.

Philippines was confused. "Who are you?"

The guy grinned. "Hey, aren't you rather gonna thank me first young man?"

"I'm asking who are you?" he repeated. He became anxious. This man might be a rapist, abductor or assassin.

The man brings his hands up in the air. "Okay, okay. Chill. I never thought we'd rather meet here, bro," he said.

"Are you -"

"Salem. It's Kazakhstan you're talking to. Kazakh for short."

Philippines was surprised. At that point, Kazakhstan takes him to a bar. He leads him to a private space and they talked about random things.

"May I know why you didn't attend the conference?" Philippines asked him.

Kazakhstan chuckled. "Attending conferences is not my thing, it rather bores me," he said coolly. "Besides, I rather believed that the secret of living is happiness and I don't want one lame conference to waste my precious time."

He's got a point. And oh, this man's got a signature word, RATHER. Cool.

xx

Thank you so much for reading my historical book :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]