Nine

AFTER dinner, the Asian family gathered in the living room. They talked about their mom, Asia who was long gone.

"Mom is the perfect embodiment of happiness, love, and persistence," India began. "She gave birth to 12 children of which 2 died - Nepal and Taiwan."

"We have 2 more siblings?" Philippines asked.

Korea nodded. "Yes, my dear. Sadly, you didn't get to meet them."

"Oh. What about mom?" Philippines asked. "Is it true that she vanished when I was born?"

"Yeah, it's true. Mom gave birth to you inside this house, Philippines. I also got the chance to carry you in my arms," Korea said, cupping Philippines face. "You were so cute and delicate. Your eyes looked everywhere around, like you're always curious."

"Really?"

"Yeah. A week after that, mom left, taking you with her and we haven't heard of her since. We also didn't know that she left you in an orphanage. We're so sorry, Philippines." Korea cried and Philippines wrapped his arms around her.

"It's okay. Things happen; it's good that the Nanny who took me in has showered me with love. I was given in good hands," he said in the hopes of consoling Korea.

Israel and Singapore joined them and everyone hugged Philippines who they missed so much.

After a while, they huddled together and began to talk about Asia's points. Her highest point is Mt. Everest while her lowest point is the Dead Sea. They agreed that they will hide their weapons in Mt. Everest and create a trap in the Dead Sea to outfox the aliens.

"Cool idea, China. You really had a sharp brain," Israel complimented. China gave off a knowing smirk, that one you give when you're flattered.

Next, they talked about Russia who is a European although more than three-quarters of her land mass rests in Asia. India explained further that 77% of Russia is located in Asia but more Russians live in the European part because they love it.

Oh, that one was a cool fact, Philippines murmured to himself.

They're feeding my mind again.

Lastly, they talked about the news that shook the world - the arrival of the aliens. They exchanged views on what each of them had or is best known for.

India, the eldest has many people and was occupied for 1000+ years. Good teachings and religion is also vital to his people. Taj Mahal is a notable tourist spot.

Korea has the fastest internet which is called LTE. She also has the largest military budget in 2017.

UAE is top for men - meaning it has the most men per 100 women who are active in the workforce. It also has Dubai - the richest state in the world.

Thailand has elephants which can be used for battle. Wat Phra Kaeo in the Grand Palace is among Bangkok's major tourist attractions.

Israel is an excellent place for medical innovation. Religion and beliefs is also very important to him.

China has historic empire and is known for her ancient technology - paper, gunpowder, silk, tea, and compass. The Spring Temple Buddha in Lushan County, Henan, China is the world's tallest statue.

Singapore has the healthiest people. She has one of the busiest ports in the world and is the world's fourth largest foreign exchange trading center. In 2017, she has the most powerful passport.

Japan has rich economy. He is notable for martial arts, food, technology, and ancient empires.

Kazakhstan is the world's largest landlocked country. He has vast mineral resources. He is better known for his risky and entertaining sports: Horse-back riding and ice hockey.

Philippines, the youngest son is praised for his conservatism, hospitality and love.

The Asian siblings praised one another. Minutes later, when the room fell quiet, Singapore screamed. "Wait. Where is Kazakhstan?"

xx

Finding Kazakhstan :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]