Fourteen

In the woods ...

"PHILIPPINES! Philippines!" Korea sang. "Where are you baby? Come back to me ..."

China, who was using a compass to guide them, screamed, "We love you!"

"Philippines where art thou? Lord, please protect him," Israel prayed.

They were all stunned when the ground began to shake. They looked around and saw Thailand riding a baby elephant. "Hey! Ride with me!" he said.

China picked a twig and threw it on him. "You idiot! We're in the forest! Elephants would slow us down!"

Thailand chuckled as he jumped down from his elephant. He ordered the baby elephant to go home and the animal which seemed to understand him turned around and walked back from where it came.

Kazakhstan appeared, chewing an apple coolly, like he never did something controversial. "You'll rather never find him," he said, causing all of the Asian family to turn their heads on him.

"Shut up!" yelled Singapore. "After all you've done to turn our youngest brother into a laughing stock, you still have the guts to say that?"

Japan patted Singapore's back. "Cool down, Singapore. Maybe Philippines went inside a portal or time warped? That's what happens in anime."

Kazakhstan laughed hearing Japan's bizarre suggestion. At that moment, stepped closer and slapped him. The apple dropped to the ground due to the strong force.

Everyone was shocked!

"Why did you do it, Kazakhstan? You humiliated our youngest brother in front of the Earth! You made him feel bad for himself. Tell me, why did you do it? Answer me!" Korea yelled, shaking Kazakhstan. Her face was so red, like she's re-enacting a K-drama scene.

Kazakhstan lowered his face down in embarrassment. "I only did it to encourage him. I don't mean to hurt his feelings."

"What do you mean?"

"He looked down on himself. He set his own limit that's why he can't do what's expected of him," Kazakhstan said. He lifted his head, looked at Korea with sharp eyes and left.

The Asian family got taken aback with Kazhakstan's logic. Although it's vague, they understood what Kazakhstan wanted to imply: Sometimes, we need to experience humiliation so we'll find out who we are.

The siblings recovered from the little drama and moved on. They continued to search for Philippines. They crossed the river. They went inside a cave. They looked up the trees, but no shadow of Philippines appeared.

Israel who started to feel tired, shouted, "Philippines, don't think that you're worthless. Ten is a perfect number. Our family can't be perfect without you."

They retraced their steps to take a second look when they come across India who was using crutches to support himself. "I'll find him," he said.

xx

Hahaha. I hope this chapter made you laugh because I was laughing as I wrote this :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]