Nineteen

Where there is love, there is life.

- Mahatma Gandhi

"YES, I am," she answered. "And you are Philippines."

Philippines nodded. They sat down on the rocks and Asia narrated how Philippines was born.

When Asia was pregnant with him, it so happened in the face of war. Many countries were ruined, properties were destroyed and a lot of people were killed. At that time, the Asian family hid inside a cave, taking shelter from the bombs and fires.

One night, when everyone is asleep, Asia fidgeted in the bed made of hay. She couldn't sleep so she got up and went to the mouth of the cave where she can see the stars that blinked in the night sky. In her mind, she'd been planning to let her baby memorize all the stars, constellations, planets and galaxies. She'll make him an astronomer.

She gazed lovingly at the stars; her heart is tranquil amidst the war. She rubbed her tummy gently and felt the baby's slight kick. She smiled. He will come out to the world exactly after the war, she thought.

She sat there for long, imagining the future that she didn't noticed a sleek, red creature approaching her. The creature appeared right in front of her and Asia almost screamed for help when the tiny creature revealed itself.

It was Venus, the Goddess of Love gazing deep into her eyes. Her beauty is otherworldly. Her features are incomparable. She was so beautiful that one couldn't peel their eyes off her.

"You are blessed with a sweet and innocent child inside of you Asia," the Goddess said as she rubbed her palms to Asia's tummy.

"T-thank you," Asia answered, slurring her words out. It was the first time she met a Goddess face to face.

"Do you know why I came here?" the Goddess asked.

Asia shook her head. "N-no."

The Goddess flashed her candid smile. "A prophecy was told ages ago, saying: Time will come when the people will lavish themselves with worldly things. Soon, they will become greedy and that bad attitude will slowly consume them. A war among countries will break out; the world will fall apart and odd-faced beings from other planets will replace the people living on Earth," she narrated.

Her story frightened Asia that she quickly pressed her tummy with her hands, checking for the baby.

The Goddess continued. "Soon, love will fade in the hearts of people, like what is happening right now. It makes me sad to think that the people are slowly forgetting me." Tears fell from the Goddess' eyes when she said that.

Asia wiped her tears using her thumb and hugged her. "It's alright, my Goddess. It's alright. Everything's gonna be alright."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I'm here - to ask for your baby," the Goddess openly said. Asia was shocked. "That unborn baby would be the symbol of Love."

"Is it in the prophecy too?"

"Yes."

Asia made up her mind. She agreed and left Philippines in the orphanage to be taken care of by Nanny Venus - the Goddess of Love.

Philippines was teary-eyed after hearing the story. Now, he understood why Nanny Venus had been so good to him. She also taught him about the value of love that's why he grew up loving all the things he sees in the world - the sun, moon, stars, animals and the people.

"Do you remember that time when Spain, USA, Japan, Great Britain and other countries invaded you?" Asia asked.

"Yes mother. Why?"

"Those events actually had a purpose. It happened so those countries will learn how to love."

Philippines' eyebrows met. "I can't under-"

"When you came from the battle, pained and crying, that was the hardest time for me. Seeing you like that pierced my heart," Asia said. The truth is she always kept an eye on Philippines, even that time when he fought for his independence against the invaders.

"But I always wanted to be strong, mom. It's just that those countries that invaded me are stronger," Philippines cried.

Asia wrapped him in her comforting embrace. "Love is the strongest thing in this world, my dear, and you are LOVE itself."

xx

Now you knew Philippines. Stop hating on yourself now :)

Again guys, please don't judge this story if you haven't finished reading it. Thanks :)

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]