9- it's only monday

Fully Edited July 22nd 2018
__________

Niall

The rest of the day goes by surprisingly well, I didn't expect to feel so content with Harry after he 'broke up' with Cheryl. Maybe it's from hating her so much.

My walk home is just like the others only this time it is much colder as the autumn season is finally rolling past the summer weather and taking over.

I walk into my room, shutting my door behind me. All I want to do is have a nap but the buzzing from my phone in my pocket is keeping me awake and I keep wondering who is in such a hurry to get ahold of me.

I pull my phone from my pocket looking at the messages from Tara rolling in.

*get your cute little bum up. It's party time!*

I frown down at Tara's message. Who could want to party on a monday night? Attending one party within the last week is too much for me let alone two.

*I dont know Tara.
Did we not just go to a party?*

*yes, but this one is better.*

*please? come on Niall. I promise someone sober will drive you home before curfew.*

I sigh and roll onto my back feeling my muscles relax into the soft mattress.

*maybe next time?*

*Niall ): I need you with me.*

I really don't want to leave my house tonight but Tara begging is something that I cant resist. The thought of getting caught is enough to make me want to never leave my home. I really don't want to be caught at another party. What if the cops come early?

*please Ni?*

* ONE hour*

*omg yes! I'll pick you up soon!*

I roll over and pick up some blue high waisted skinny jeans along with a red flowing strapless top. I haven't worn this outfit before and since everyone will be drunk I doubt anyone will remember it.

I put on a flower crown of roses and put on a pink highlight. After I feel content with my look I walk out of my room and into the kitchen where my mother stands making her work out drink.

"You look cute." My mother compliments as she shakes her juice together.

"Thanks, Tara wants me to come over." I say half lying. My mother furrows her eyebrows and looks up at me to say "who's Tara?"

"Tara is my friend here. She's a really nice girl." I introduce. My mother usually trusts me so I don't doubt her to let me go.

"Okay, just don't do drugs or something." She warns me even though we both know that I would never.

I slide some nude toms onto my feet and walk outside. I can wait for Tara in the humid afternoon. For some reason the evenings feel warmer than it is during day time.

Seeing a black muscle car I groan. I really don't want to deal with Harry at another party. After he got aggressive with me at the last one I've been annoyed and confused as to why he would change his mood so quickly.

His shirt still lays in my dresser and I hope I can muster enough anger towards him tonight so I will throw it away but instead I like the way the cotton feels as I get into bed.

I walk down the walk way seeing that I don't have to sit next to Harry this time, this time I get to sit in the back with Tara.

I pull the door open and sit next to Tara as Harry begins to drive before I've even shut my door.

Ass.

"Where's the party?" I ask Tara as Liam and Harry talk about some band. I take this time to look at Tara's outfit, she wore a cream shirt with blue jeans and an olive green windbreaker on top. Her blonde hair was spun into curls and her make up was a little bit passed natural.

"It's at Harry's." She says leaving me shocked. Harry would have another party right after he just got arrested for the last one? Where are his parents?

We pull up to the larger than life house and we pile out of Harry's car. I wonder how Harry will act without Cheryl on his lap. Maybe he'll find a new girl to screw around with tonight.

We walk into the house where the air is thin and smoke dances around with the humidity of the place. Teenagers are grinding down on one another and leading each other upstairs to do unspeakable things with each other.

I am handed a red cup by Tara and look down to see the same mint water I've grown to both hate and love.

I take a sip but grimace at the taste of vodka. I guess this isn't the same mint water I have been involved with.

"Niall!" I hear a low voice call before my shoulder feels heavy. I look up to see a tipsy Zayn with his arm around my shoulders.

"How are you?" He asks before taking a sip of his beer that smells like a bottle depot . I watch his tongue dart out to wet his lips before he talks and I instantly feel cozy under his arm. Is this guy magic?

"I'm good, how are you?" I reply looking up at Zayn who is waving to a friend.

"I'm great now actually." He says smiling down making my heart flutter. How can this guy look so amazing and sound so amazing? It's unfair.

"I didn't expect to see you at another party." He admits as we walk into the kitchen together, walking with Zayn is relatively easy, if I were walking on my own I would have been squished at least fifty times by now.

"I didn't expect to be at one either, Tara wanted me to come." I say throwing my friend under the bus for my arrival.

"I'll have to thank Tara." He says making my cheeks feel hot. Zayn is smooth, I can't help but wonder how many times he's used that talent on others.

"Zayn, we're smoking man." Harry says calling Zayn away from me, giving me a glare. I guess Harry and I are back to square one.

"I'll pass." Zayn says as we sit at the island stools. I watch Harry roll his eyes and walk out of the room and out to the patio where his friend hold a glass vase to their lips.

Oh.

"You don't want to go?" I ask as Zayn raises an eyebrow looking at me as if I am crazy.

"You do?" He asks as I frantically shake my head. Smoking is gross and I'm glad Zayn chose not to go.

"They smoke at every party, they even do it when there's no parties. I smoke to escape, but why escape if I like where I am?" He asks before grabbing my hand in his. Oh..

I feel Zayn could be hitting on me only for sex but I also can't help but fall a little bit too fast.

_____

Word count: 1187