36- get out

Edited

I want to scream. I want to call Harry just to let him know that he's dead to me. Maybe I want to hear him beg for me again. Maybe I want to hear him tell me he needs me, even if it's for one night.

I always thought girls were so stupid for falling for the guy that ruins them. Strangely they all want to be the girl that the guy changes for. They want to fix a guys life and fall in love but don't realize that they arent strong enough to hold themselves together through fighting with those difficult assholes.

Maybe I'm one. Maybe I'm someone who only becomes ruined. Maybe Harry wants to ruin me. Hell, maybe I'd let him.

I stand up from my bed and look over to my alarm clock. Eleven pm.

It's been almost eleven hours since Harry and I had our fight and I can't help but wish I had said more hurtful things to him instead of just sitting there and taking his abuse.

A thud from outside brings me to my window to see a man picking up a large glass bottle from the lawn.

I slide my window open to get a better look at the stranger and purse my lips as I recognize the drunk.

"Harry?" I ask watching him look up at me and wipe the hair from his face.

"Let me in." He demands stumbling backwards but capturing his footing before he can fall.

"go home." I demand back watching him huff and pout like a child. I want to let him in, but he's supposed to be staying away. he just wants his precious game back.

"I'll wake up your whole neighbourhood" Harry slurs louder as my neighbours back light turns on. I know he isn't bluffing and he will probably wake my whole street if I don't let him in.

"Okay! Just shut up!" I call down before leaving the window and rushing downstairs as quietly as I can.

I open the back door and walk out onto the lawn grabbing Harry's sleeve and pulling him behind me.

"Eager?" Harry mumbles with a smirk as I tug his arm harder making him stumble more than he already is.

I pull him into the house and turn on the kitchen light.

"What do you think you are doing here?" I ask quietly crossing my arms. Harry takes a drink from a glass bottle that reeks of dense alcohol.

I pull the bottle from his lips and slam it onto the counter not caring if I were to break it or not.

"Niall?" My mother calls from the top of the stairs. I grab the bottle of brown liquor and put it on the floor behind the island. I'm too late to hide Harry as my mother walks into the kitchen.

"Harry? Why are you here, honey?" She asks as Harry wraps his arms around my shoulder pulling me into his chest. I try to get out of his hold but he's too strong. Luckily for Harry my mother doesn't notice my struggle.

"I was just going to tell you Maura!" He exclaims with a bright smile before placing his hand on my opposite arm, closing me in.

"What were you going to tell me?" My mother laughs clearly not having a clue about what state Harry is in right now.

"Your son and I are together." He lies as my mother stands still before giving us a look.

"Are you two are being safe?" She asks quietly as if there were more people in the house than just us.

"Oh god mum-" I start placing my fingers to the bridge of my nose.

"We don't do that. I believe in waiting until marriage." Harry lies again as my mother smiles wider.

"Okay. Well no staying up too late and doors open." My mother says giving us a warning glare as she starts to climb the stairs.

"And Niall? Make sure he's getting water." She says catching on to Harry's drunken state.

"Bedtime." Harry whispers in my ear as my mother shuts her door.

I push Harry off of me and grab his bottle of liquor

"Take your bottle, and get out." I say shoving the glass to his chest. I don't want to deal with a drunk Harry any more than I want to deal with a sober one.

"You don't want me to stay the night?" He asks as I grab his arm again to lead him to the front door.

"No, I don't. Why would you even think that?" I ask opening the front door but losing grip on his arm.

"Because you like me. Don't you? " He asks hugging the bottle to his chest and looks at me expecting an answer.

"I don't like people who hurt me. No." I speak grabbing his arm again but he pulls out of my grasp again.

"I hurt you?" He asks placing a
Hand on mine. This time it's my turn to pull away from his touch.

"Of course you do. You humiliate me over and over." I say hoping Harry will understand how mean he is to me.

"I don't mean to. I just don't want people to know about us. Is that a crime?" He asks using my shoulder to stabilize himself.

"There is no 'us'." I speak using his own words against him and ignoring his statement.

"Give me a chance, Niall." Harry whispers reaching out to grab my chin.

"Get out." I speak pointing to the door as Harry runs his hand through his hair.

"Niall plea-"

"I've given you chances. You told me I'm here until you get what you want and then you'll drop me. Like I never meant a thing to you." I speak the truth, mostly to convince myself not to let him back.

"Niall I need you." He says again before stepping closer.

"Please." He whispers looking into my eyes with his glossy green eyes While he lets our chests touch.

"Get out of my life." I whisper as Harry grabs my wrists tightly.

"One chance. It's all I need." He begs placing his hand on the small of my back pressing us closer. I can feel his whiskey infused breath on my lips as I find myself breathing harder than I should be.

"One chance." Harry says just above a whisper as my movements become more voluntary.

"No." I whisper onto his lips as they graze mine. He backs us into the door as his lips finally kiss mine.

"I love your lips." Harry compliments as he starves me from his kisses.

"Shut up." I speak grabbing Harry and pulling him to my lips again.

"One chance?" He asks disconnecting our lips again.

"One." I speak pulling him back to my lips once more before I force myself to part from him.

"But don't expect it to be easy." I warn watching him smile.

"I never did."

_______

Word count: 1167