32- High School Drama

Edited

When Harry parks in his usual spot at school I stay seated. I stare at the school and watch countless students walk in and out of the front doors. I don't really know what is going to happen behind those doors today, but I hope it isn't as cruel as yesterday was to us.

I look over at Harry to see him doing the same thing I am. Despite Harry being the one to take the photo of me, he had confirmed the story people had written by kissing me. The photo surfaced the group chat and was torn apart along with the other. I know he must be scared to walk through those doors as well.

I unbuckle the seat belt getting rid of the physical barrier holding me in the car and try my best to take down the mental barrier to myself opening the door.

I find the strength to mentally prepare myself for what's outside of this car and pull the handle, letting the car door open with a click. I gather my bag on my shoulder and look at Harry as I set my foot onto the cold pavement.

My open door begins to make the car cold as Harry sits in his seat waiting for clarity.

"Harry? If you don't want to come in you don't have to." I assure him knowing that if he walks into those doors his bad boy, bipolar, original self might swallow him whole and we'll be back at the start of him denying his sexuality.

"I can. I just don't know." He admits nothing to me. Somehow he's said just enough for me to understand.
I bring my leg back into the now cool car and close the door.

"We can go some where else?" I suggest hoping he turns down my offer and chooses to come in with me. I'd much rather show up with Harry than show up alone so I don't look so pathetic.

Harry turns his key in the ignition killing the cars engine and pulling the key to his pocket. He opens his door and gets out as I follow his actions.

I pull my bag to my shoulder and look at Harry who has a lit cigarette hanging from his lips.
How can he stand to smoke? How can he even buy those if he's underage? Is he underage?

I shake the thoughts from my head and I begin to walk to the doors feeling cold from the autumn air settling in. Harry follows behind me smoking as he walks onto school property.
I want to warn him but I know that Harry doesn't care. That, and Harry has probably never been caught before.

He finishes his cigarette as I touch the door handle and pull it open. I walk in with Harry behind me and look around at the people who just yesterday, were laughing at me as if we were in middle school.

Nobody seems to notice our arrival until we make it to Harry's locker. Harry hasn't said a word to me and I begin to wonder if it's because he doesn't want to be seen with me.

I turn to walk to my locker but I'm stopped by Harry's large hand clasped around my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asks with panic behind his eyes. I've never seen Harry panicked about my absence until today and I hope I never have to leave to see it again.

"No where." I answer planting my feet in front of Harry as I hear whispers starting behind me. I want to turn around and tell these people to mind their own business but what's the use? My words will only be fuel to the fire.

Harry must hear them too because within seconds his locker door is being slammed shut and he looks at them with anger as the hall fills with silence.

"Shut the fuck up." He grumbles making the younger girls speed walk down the hallway to tell their fake friends about what just happened.

"Niall?" I hear tara's voice behind me making me smile. I turn to beautiful tara and step into her open arms.

"I'm so glad you're here. I thought you were going to let this get to you." She says clasping her hands behind my back. I look down the hall behind her and notice all of the eyes on us. It feels like we're aliens and nobody has ever seen us before.

"High school drama. It's not for me." I speak even though I've been through cyberbullying and fighting with the school slut, and dating?..The male school slut.

I look at Harry who gathers his books for his first classes in one hand and throws a package of cigarettes into his locker before slamming it shut with the moodiest face he's ever pulled.

Maybe I am dating him? I know it's not what he wants but unfortunately I am the pathetic one in this hallway for liking the guy that has a new girl every week.

"I'm glad." Tara speaks bringing me back to earth as she steps away from our embrace. Harry looks around the hallway rolling his eyes seeing the eyes on him again.

"Hey, Hazzy." I hear the annoying voice behind us greet. I turn to see Cheryl hanging off of Harry as he pays her little to no attention.

"I was thinking tonight we could go to the movies. My parents are out of town so you can come back to my place." She invites pressing her breasts into his chest.

I know that Harry isn't gay. Bi, maybe. But he's still attracted to girls the way I am to guys and Cheryl flaunting herself might be enough to get him to go anywhere with her.

"I can't." Harry states looking down the hall to see many people watching the exchange.

"Don't tell me you'd rather hang out with, him." Cheryl says in disgust, clearly talking about me. I want to pull out her hair or do something monstrous to her but I know that our genders are not cohesive for fighting each other.

"Maybe we'll go." Harry decides as Cheryl giggles. Welcome back bad boy, original, bipolar Harry.

________

I feel like this part was written so great

______

Word count: 1054