15- child support?

Days Edited
July 31st
Aug 28

Niall Horan

When Harry left last night I could feel my heart flutter over and over. He has partially come to terms with his sexuality and I can't wait to explore new found ground with him.

I make my way back up to my room to clean up the trains that Gemma's son played with. As I tuck the trains away I feel my phone buzz. I hope it is Harry but as I pull my phone out an unknown number fills the screen.

*Hey, Tara gave me your number. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tonight? Or tomorrow?*

I furrowed my eyebrows at the text. Who could it possibly be? I could ask Tara. My phone buzzes again before I can type the message to Tara.

*my bad. It's Zayn.*

*oh, Zayn. We could
hang out tomorrow I guess?
After school?*

*after school sounds great. I'm fixing up the truck so I just wanted to see if you wanted to take up the offer.*

*sure, I could always learn
some more useless
stuff I'll never need."

*haha, I'll see you tomorrow, love.*

*alright, see ya.*

I shut off my phone and lay flat on my bed. I am nervous to hang out with Zayn tomorrow. I'm not sure if he will try any thing on me but personally I hope the whole 'hanging out' thing goes by fast.

I stand up and pull my sweater and pants off, replacing them with Harry's shirt.

The shirt is starting to smell more like me and less like him which kind of saddens me. The scent of the shirt helps me sleep. I know it sounds crazy but it does.

I pull the sheets over my body and begin to wonder what would have happened if both mine and Harry's families weren't here. Would we have let the kissing go further?

I roll over and shut my eyes not wanting to know the answer.

_______________

I wake up to my phone buzzing obnoxiously. I pick it up from the nightstand and check the message on the screen.

*ride to school?*

I smile at Harry's text and look up at the time.

8:07 am.

Oh my god. I slept in.

I get up quickly and throw on some skinny jeans along with a hoodie. I then run to the bathroom to brush my teeth and such.

I run back to my phone to type in 'yes'  before running down the stairs so I can pull my toms onto my feet.

I haven't been late for a year and I hope I'm not late now. I pull my bag onto my shoulder as my phone buzzes.

I walk outside and hope the skinny jeans on my body are enough to make it look like I made an effort on my appearance today.

"You look like a zombie." Harry comments as I sit myself in his car. I roll my eyes and pull the visor down to look at myself in the mirror.  My under eye circles are dark and large today. I do look like a zombie.

"Well thanks" I say sarcastically watching his smile brighten.

"Coffee?" He asks as I nod. Harry pulls into the same Starbucks and orders the same thing from yesterday making me smile.

"That's gross." I comment as Harry sips his black coffee. He pulls my drink into the car and takes a sip from the straw before handing it to me.

"You do like it!" I exclaim with a smile watching him shake his head.

"Nope, it's gross." He says simply before sliding his card into the debt machine.

"I'm paying next time." I say as he hands the machine back to the employee working the window.

"I got it." He mumbles as he pulls out of the drive through. I eye him up before asking him more questions although I know they annoy him.

"Do you have a job?" I ask as he pulls onto the main road again.

"Do you?" He asks glancing at me. I never really had a job because my dad always paid for everything but I guess now I'm going to need one.

"No, but I'll need to get one." I say as he nods along.

"I work part time at a mechanic shop and I get money from my father." He says as I nod.

"My father used to give me money too." I say as he pulls into the school parking lot.

"I don't use the money. I don't need his money." He says as I furrow my eyebrows.

"Then where does it go?" I ask as he gathers his books into his messy bag.

"I put it away and send it as child support." He says before stepping out of the vehicle.

I'm sorry, What?

I step out of Harry's car and catch up to him to ask him follow up questions on the info I've been shocked with.

"You have to send child support?" I ask as we walk across the lawn to get to the school doors.

He sighs before he begins to explain how he got himself into his mess.

"There was this girl named Lorraine. She was such a bitch. She had sex with plenty of guys and claimed it to be mine so. I got stuck with the child support shit." He says as I furrow my eyebrows towards him.

"Why don't you just get a paternity test?" I ask as he shrugs and opens the school doors for me.

"Well I know it's mine." He says as I nod along. I can't help but feel bad that Harry is fathering someones child while he's kissing me. That doesn't really count as cheating but it feels like it.

"You have a problem with that?" He asks as I shake my head. I do feel a bit off but I suppose I could get used to it.

We walk into the art room and I ignore the stares of the class as we walk in late. But I really don't mind.
____
Word count: 1020