23- resemblance

Edited

I follow Harry up the walk way to his large house walking into the door behind him, slipping my shoes off before stepping through the hall.

"Harry? Are you home?" I hear Anne's familiar voice call.

"Yeah" he calls back as we walk down the main hall. I follow Harry into the kitchen as his mother puts dishes into a large dish washer with her back turned. She begins to speak normally as if i'm not here.

"How was school? I want to believe that you weren't a nuisance." She says teasingly but we can both tell she is serious.

"I didn't do anything wrong." Harry says grabbing a banana from the silver fruit bowl on the island that i've only ever seen covered with multiple alcoholic substances and red cups.

I start to notice all of the extra things like the fruit bowl and paintings along with other small pieces of decor that Harry must tuck away before his parties begin.

"That's good. Lorraine called." She says with a dull tone. Me too Anne, me too.

"So?" Harry asks looking back at me to make sure I haven't snuck off.

"So she's claiming she needs more money for her son. I'm telling you Harry. Instead of giving her money, go out and get a paternity test. I don't want you going by gut with that crazy girl." Anne says shaking her head.

"I will call Lorraine and tell her I want one." He shrugs as Anne finally turns around. As she spots me she instantly goes wide eyed.

"I had no idea you were here, Niall. I wouldn't have spoken so out of line." Anne says smiling hoping that I wont judge her for how casual she was acting.

"That's fine. I'd rather the real Anne." I speak as Harry rolls his eyes at our small banter.

"Anyway, we're going upstairs." Harry dismisses pulling me out of the room as Anne waves at me.

I follow Harry up the large stair case and down the hall to the last door. Once Harry opens the door I'm astonished.

I look at many records and cd's in stands and a lot of other expensive decor.

Harry shuts the door before laying on the king sized mattress.

"Your room is larger than my den." I speak quietly as Harry looks around.

"Yeah. I used to live in a shitty house with one bedroom so this is definitely a blessing." He says showing me how he's appreciative for what he has.

"Will your mom assume anything?" I ask as he shakes his head with furrowed eyebrows.

"I usually just bring girls up. So probably not." He shrugs as my heart becomes heavy. I hate how Harry has been with other girls. Obviously there's nothing I can do about it, but getting over it isn't something I want to be doing either.

I walk to his shelves and look at the photos Harry has.  He doesn't have photo's framed. They only stay up by a small wad of gum or sticky tack, stuck to anything they can lean on.

I look at photos of Harry and his sister and believe it or not, Harry is smiling.

I look at many more photos of Harry with soccer players and other people who have status that I don't know about.

I stop on a photo and look at the person standing next to a 14 year old Harry.

Green eyes, dark hair. Curls. It's His dad.

Harry isn't smiling or touching his dad in anyway. He must have had the falling out a while ago.

The next photo I study long and hard.

Kellin dolton gallagher.
6lbs
January 9th 2016

I study the picture of the small brunette baby. He has hazel eyes and must have the same nose as his mother.

"Your son?" I ask looking at the only photo that isn't stuck to something by gum.

"Supposedly." He chuckles typing on his phone.

"He doesn't really look like you." I point out looking at all of the small features that still don't add up to look like Harry.

"I know." He says quietly. As I begin to see the resemblance between the child and another person I've gotten to know.

Zayn.

_____
Word count: 711