2- Teachers Know All

Halley bounced up and down on the balls of her feet as she and James waited to be sorted into their houses. Everything about Hogwarts had excited her thus far. The journey across the lake was just as wonderful as everyone had described, the castle was beautiful, the Great Hall-amazing. Halley couldn't wait to get started at the school.

"Longbottom, Halley," said Professor McGonagall. Halley jumped and almost sprinted towards the three legged stall.

The hat was placed on her head, but before she could hear the little voice of the hat, that her parents had described, the hat yelled for the entire hall to hear, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Halley took the hat off and handed it to McGonagall before hurting off to the Gryffindor table and sitting beside Alfie, who patted her on the back. Halley glanced at the staff table, where both of her parents sat grinning. Venus shot her daughter the thumbs up.

Halley turned her attention back to the sorting. Where James was still waiting to be placed into his house.

"Potter, James," was one of the last people to be called. The hall broke into murmurs at the mention of the name Potter. But Professor McGonagall silenced the students with a simple look.

James was quickly placed into Gryffindor, and took his seat beside Halley, a massive grin was on his face.

********

"Okay, so I think we should hold off doing anything for the first week," said Halley as the school dug into their meals, "you know, to throw them off the scent."

"You two are going to be in so much trouble," laughed Alfie, "I can't wait to see the look on McGonagall's face when she realises how horrible you two are."

"What makes you think we're going to get caught?" Asked James.

"McGonagall knows all," Alfie warned, "she has eyes everywhere, believe me, and Venus, Merlin, Venus knows all, your mum is a menace."

"I've known it for years," Halley shrugged, "she has super werewolf senses."

********

"Oh, Mum is so going to kill me!" Halley chuckled as she and James snuck back to Gryffindor tower, wrapped up in James's invisibility cloak.

"I think Venus will find it funny actually," laughed James.

"She will, but that won't stop her from giving us detention for the next seven years," said Halley.

They continued up to Gryffindor tower, only taking the cloak off just before they entered the common room. They scrambled through the portrait hole, laughing and discussing who would be most mad at them for the portable swamp that they had erected in the entrance hall.

"You two are going to break Gryffindor's winning streak!" Alfie was shaking his head from a chair beside the fire, with quite a big grin on his face.

"See, Uncle Alfie, you say that, but really, you and Hope lost more points than we ever will," Halley smiled, "do you know why that is?"

"Why?" Alfie narrowed his eyes at Halley.

"Because we won't get caught," James waved his invisibility cloak.

"I really hate you two."

"We know!"

Halley and James are Gryffindors!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx