7- Quidditch Tryouts

"Why does everyone think it's such a big deal that I'm dating someone!" Halley complained to Alfie and Hope sat out on in the grounds on afternoon, "James isn't even speaking to me, my dad keeps freaking out-"

"Isn't it obvious?" Hope laughed.

"Isn't what obvious?" Halley frowned.

"Why James isn't speaking to you," Hope shook her head in an exasperated way, "James fancies you."

"James doesn't fancy her," Alfie scoffed, "the only person James fancies is himself."

"I think you're talking about yourself there Alf." Hope teased, she flipped her hair dramatically, "hello, I'm Alphard Black, and don't I just look gorgeous?"

"Shut up Lupin." Alfie shoved her and Hope toppled over.

"You guys are hopeless." Halley shook her head.

"No we're not," Hope picked herself up off the ground, "we have all the Hope we need right here."

"You know what, I'm leaving, I'm not staying here!" Halley jumped to her feet. She walked away from the two, towards the greenhouses, leaving them rolling around on the grass, laughing their heads off.

"Hey dad," Halley grinned as she entered the greenhouses, seeing her father, watering some Venemous Tentacular.

"Halley," he looked up.

"I feel like gardening, you got anything that I can do?" Halley asked.

"Pull some gloves on, I've got a new batch of mandrakes that you can repot."

Halley had always loved gardening. From a young age, her father had encouraged this, she had a small section of the family's garden in Hogsmead all to herself. She grew a wide variety of plants in it, and was very protective over her garden, and Nysa was not allowed near it, and Halley didn't even let Venus near it (mainly because Venus wasn't very delicate with plants, and tended to accidentally rip them up). The only person allowed in if was Nova, as Nova was better at gardening than even Neville, and treated all plants as if they were pets.

"How's my garden?" Halley asked Neville as she picked up some dragon hide gloves.

"It's doing brilliantly Hal. You can check on it next weekend," Neville said.

"Oh yeah, it's a Hogsmead trip isn't it."

********

"Alright Rookies!" Adam boomed across the Quidditch pitch, "give me three laps around the field." Halley mounted her broom and kicked off.

Adam had been made Quidditch captain that year. Two spots were open on the team. One Chaser spot, one Keeper spot.

Halley had grown up playing Keeper, as James always insisted on playing Chaser. So Halley was trying out for the Keeper spot.

James flew near her, he was trying out for Chaser. They landed and almost immediately the Keeper trials were underway.

The two existing Chasers took turns to take shots. Halley was very proud that she saved every shot that was thrown at her, and by the end of the trials, no one could say that she made it onto the team simply because she was the Captain's girlfriend.

She played Keeper for the Chaser trials as well, and the only person who managed to get a shot past her was James. Mainly because they had played together for so long, that they knew eachother's moves inside out. So Halley and James were the newest additions to the Gryffindor team.

********

"Oh I've missed it here," Halley fell back into the hammock in the back garden of the Longbottom's house on the day of the Hogsmead trip.

"Halley, it's bloody freezing!" Adam rubbed his arms with his hands, "can we go inside."

"We can go inside, only if you are prepared to meet the twins."

Adam took a deep breath, "I think I am ready!"

Halley scrambled to her feet and grabbed his hand, pulling him inside the house.

"Mum, dad, Nova, Nysa, I'm here!" She yelled as they walked through the door.

"Hi Halley!" Nysa bounced into the room, a broomstick held in his hand. He ran straight past them and out into the garden, "bye Halley!"

"What was that?" Adam frowned, watching the boy go.

"That was Nysa," Halley shrugged, "there are very few words to describe him."

"James promised he would play a game of Quidditch with him," said Nova, who had quietly slipped into the room without the young couple noticing.

"Hi Nova!" Halley grinned, "Adam, this is my little sister Nova, Nova, this is Adam."

"Your boyfriend," Nova smiled.

Halley went slightly red, "yes. My boyfriend."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em