29- Halley Wins The Apartment Hunt

"They are such a cute couple," Halley observed months later, at the Christmas family gathering, looking towards Nova and Selene, who were having a happy conversation.

"I must admit, that is one relationship that I did not see coming," Halley's Aunt Mali admitted.

"I thought you could predict everything Aunt Mali?" Halley teased.

"The future is a murky and uncertain canvas," Mali replied, in a very good impression of Professor Trelawny, which made Halley laugh, "but do not worry little Longbottom, I see wonderful things in your future!"

"I'm not exactly little anymore," said Halley, "I'm 24 Aunt Mali, I've grown from little, to mildly small."

"Well, that's a terrifying thought," Mali observed, "I remember when you were this big," she held her hands a few inches apart.

Halley laughed and rolled her eyes. They sat in silence for a while, before Halley remembered the reason she had begun talking to her Aunt, "Aunt Mali."

"Yes?"

"Do you think you would be able to get me some unicorn hairs?"

"Why do you need unicorn hairs?" Mali asked interestedly.

"It's a theory I'm working on," explains Halley, "you know with my research into werewolves, I think that unicorn hairs might have some properties that I could use in a potion."

"Well in that case, of course, I can get you some unicorn hairs," Mali smiled, "they're not too hard to find when you know how to look. Doesn't St Mungo's have an ingredients store?"

"Yeah, but unicorn hair isn't exactly a common potions ingredient is it," said Halley.

"I suppose you're right," Mali nodded, "well, I should be able to get you some in a few days, I'll stop by the hospital with it once I have it."

"That would be brilliant Aunt Mali, thank you so much!"

"Hey, you're trying to help my best friend deal with something that has haunted her for years. How can I not help you."

********

"I like this one," James insisted as he and Halley looked around a flat on the outskirts of Oxford, they had decided not to restrict their search to London, as they could get a much nicer place somewhere else, with a cheaper price.

"I liked the last one!" Halley said, "it had a nice view."

"Let's just make an offer on both?" James suggested, "we can choose later?"

"I forgot that you had access to that little fortune," Halley laughed.

"You've got enough money to your name Hal, you've got just as much money as I do." James reminded her. "You know what, I don't like this one. Let's get the river view one. I like that one."

"Yay! I win!"

"It's not about winning! We both win!" said James, "we get a new flat together."

"But it's the flat that I chose, therefore I win."

"It's not winning."

"I can put my brewing station in the corner, and I'm having the biggest room-"

"Oh, the sacrifices I make for our friendship."

"You couldn't live without me Jamsie."

"You're not wrong."