39- Halley Yells At Her Grandmother

"What do you mean go away?" Halley demanded. She was stood in her grandma Ophelia's office at the ministry of magic.

"I mean exactly that," Ophelia replied in a tired voice, "go home Halley, you pestering me is not going to get your case reviewed any quicker."

"Why not? You're the head of magical law enforcement, therefore me pestering you should get my case reviewed quicker."

"I'm not the one reviewing your case, I delegated it to one of my senior staffers. I can't be involved in your case, I'm your family, therefore it's a conflict of interest."

"You think that I should be charged don't you," Halley glared at her grandmother.

"You breached the most fundamental law of healing, the ministry must approve all potions and spells." Ophelia told her, "but of course I know you had the best intentions-"

"I saved Aunt Mali's life."

"It's out of my hands Halley. Please, go home."

"And do what? Sit around and wait for some old tossers to pass judgement over my life!" Halley's voice was creeping into the realms of hysterics now.

"Can you get James Potter here please?" Ophelia muttered to her assistant, knowing that James was upstairs in his office and that he was the only person who would be able to get Halley to calm down, the assistant jumped up and hurried off. Ophelia turned back to her granddaughter, "Halley, you need to calm down, everything will be okay."

"I can't go home!" Halley almost yelled, "I can't just sit around and do nothing! I promised them that I'd solve it, I can't just sit back and watch them suffer when I'm this close to fixing it!"

"You're not letting anyone down Halley," Ophelia said in a soothing voice, "your mother and Remus are already so proud of you. It won't matter to them if you don't solve it right away."

"I promised that I would fix it!" Halley continued, "I can't stop until I have! And you're stopping me! Please grandma, please let me solve it."

"I'm sorry Halley, I can't! You have to wait until your case has been reviewed, until then, you're going to have to wait."

"Hey, Halley, calm down," James had arrived in Ophelia's office, accompanying the assistant, and seeming slightly out of breath, "Halley, look at me," he held her face in his hands, and she looked straight at him, "you need to think about this, is it really a good idea to come in and yell at everyone?"

Halley bit her lip and tried to steady her breathing, all the while holding back salty tears that were forming in her eyes.

"I'll take her home," James said to Ophelia. Then he began to lead her out of the office. Halley felt the tears in her eyes begin to fall down her cheeks, and she bit her lip harder to stop herself from sobbing.

It wasn't until James had apparated the two of them back to their flat, that she finally let herself cry. She buried herself in James's shirt, and she sobbed and sobbed.

She felt lost. She hated feeling as though she had no purpose, she felt that she was failing her mother, Remus and Ethan. But most of all, she hated herself. It was her fault that all of this was happening, if she hadn't been so prideful and disregarded every rule that was set out in front of her, then she never would have found herself in this situation.

Hey guys!
I recently found out that Halley tied for first place in @MsMarauders Winter Awards (in the Next Generation category). Thank you to everyone who voted! Check out the swanky new sticker on the cover!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx