45- On Top Of The World

For the next few days, Halley felt as if nothing could stop her. What with her name being played in the eyes of the ministry and now officially dating James she didn't feel like anything to drag her down.

And to make things even better they will mere weeks away from testing potion 43.

But there was one thing still around for her to do, she had to tell her parents.

For some reason, she was scared about telling her parents, it wasn't because she didn't think they would be supportive because she knew they loved James already, but she didn't know quite how to tell them without them all blowing off at her.

James was in the same boat he didn't know how to tell his parents, Al and Lily without them getting the wrong idea. Their relationship was brand new and they didn't want any other factors intruding on it. Although they had been best friends for years, they were new to the whole dating thing.

They were only a few weeks into this new relationship, and most of that time had been spent with Halley incommunicable in the wake of her issues with St Mungo's. But now with all that cleared up, they could finally commit to the relationship. Halley was so excited, and she didn't want anything to ruin that.

But with just a week to go until the testing of 43 (still in need of a better name), Halley found herself asking all of her family to gather at her parent's house. Both Nova and Nysa were quite confused at the request, and even more so when Halley told them to bring their significant others.

Halley had decided to tell the people that she loved most about her and James dating. James fully agreed and invited his family to join, figuring that they could get it done all in one go. Albus was to bring his 'friend' Scorpius, and Lily was to be going alone.

The day that they were to meet up, Halley found herself incredibly nervous.

"I mean, what if they laugh in our faces?" Halley asked James as the two lay in bed that morning.

"Then we'll laugh back at them," said James.

"You're so annoying!" She whacked his arm lightly.

"I know!"

"Ug, we're going to be so late," Halley complained, glancing at the clock beside the bed.

"Of course we are, it wouldn't do well for my image if we weren't late," James said, with an eye roll to accompany it.

"Get your lazy arse up right now James Potter."

"But you said that you liked my arse. Why would you insult it now?"

"Shove off."

"No, Hal, my arse is insulted, you've got to apologise to it!"

After much arguing, Halley was eventually able to get James out of bed. The pair went through their morning routines quickly and apparated to the Longbottom's Hogsmead home.

As usual, the two were by far the last to arrive. Selene was the one to open the door, greeting Halley with a hug, which surprised her, until Selene began thanking Halley for what she did for Mali. Halley hadn't seen Selene since that day at the hospital, and she had to admit it caught her slightly off guard to be thanked so profusely in this way.

The rest of the group were gathered in the living room. Albus and Scorpius were off to one side, Lily was talking to Fiona (whose hand was being held by Nysa), Nysa and Nova were talking, Venus and Ginny appeared to be trying to throw grapes and catch them in their mouths, whilst Harry and Neville sneakily diverted the grapes with their wands, causing their wives to be hit in the face by flying grapes.

To see all of her family gathered, everything so normal, made Halley want to jump for joy. She prayed that her family would never change. That her mother would remain with the mental age of a five-year-old, that Nova would continue to light up every time someone mentioned plants, Nysa would remain fascinated with muggles and Fiona with magic. She hoped that her father would never have to watch Venus suffer at the full moon again.

She hoped that everything would work out. If she had her way it would.

Only a few more chapters to go! I've really got to get started on writing Ophelia haven't I 😂
Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx