9-Stubbornness

"Why don't you do that somewhere else?"

Halley and Adam broke apart and turned to look at the person who had spoken, who turned out to be James.

"What do you want?" Adam asked coldly.

"For you two to stop clogging up the corridors."

James and Adam had developed somewhat of a feud since the beginning of the year. So much so, that just before the last match of the season, Adam threatened to kick James off of the team, when James made a comment on how the reason that Gryffindor was losing the league was that Adam could never catch the snitch.

Long story short, Halley was quick to confiscate the Beaters bats from the two Beaters, because both boys looked ready to seize the bats and bash each other's heads in with them.

"You're the one clogging up the corridor Potter."

"Let's try and be civil, please," Halley said. But then both of them turned on her and began yelling at her.

"I can't believe that you're dating this scum bag!" James yelled.

"You're taking his side!" Adam yelled louder.

"Halley, he's a jackass," James insisted, "and every time I see you, he's got his tong stuck down your throat!"

"He's self-centred and-"

"You have no idea what I've seen him-"

"I'm am not dealing with this," Halley exclaimed. She took off down the corridor, with both boys still yelling insults about the other after her.

She burst into her mother's office and slammed the door behind her, pressing her back against the door and catching her breath.

"Halley, what's the matter?" Halley hadn't noticed her mother sat at her desk, marking some papers.

"I'm hiding."

"Halley, what did you do? Who are you hiding from? What kind of cover do you need?" Venus placed her quill down.

"I didn't do anything I swear!" Halley sat down in the chair across the desk from Venus, "I was just minding my own business, talking to Adam-"

"By talking you mean snogging."

"Okay," Halley rolled her eyes, "I was snogging Adam and then out of nowhere, James just starts yelling at me, and then Adam started shouting at me, so I left and now they're both mad at me!"

"Hasn't James been mad at you since the beginning of the year?" Frowned Venus, "but why is Adam mad at you?"

"I don't know. And know everyone is mad at me, and it's just one big mess," Halley placed her head down on the table.

"Well, I know you don't want to hear it and I've told you this quite a few times, but I think you should try and make up with James-"

"Mum, he's being such a prat though-"

"He's James," shrugged Venus, "he's always a prat. But ever since you were born, he's been your prat. I know you're dating Adam. But you and James have been friends for your entire lives. Don't let your boyfriend become between you and your best friend."

"I suppose you're right," said Halley, "but we just argue every time that we talk to each other."

"Well, you're both stubborn to admit it, but neither of you are great listeners."

"I know but-"

"No buts, go and make up with James."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx