5- Halley's New Boyfriend

"So, Teddy, how many of your NEWTs do you think you failed?" asked James when they were sat on the Hogwarts Express to return home. The rest of Halley and James's first year and their second year passed without much happening.

"I didn't fail my NEWTs James," Teddy rolled his eyes, "now will you two scram!"

"So you can make out with Victorie?" Hope made kissy noises.

"Scram!" Teddy made to whack them, but Hope, Alfie, Halley and James darted out of the compartment.

"I have to go," Halley told James when she managed to stop laughing.

"Where?"

"It doesn't matter, I'll find you on the Platform," Halley patted his shoulder. She darted off down the train, in search of one person.

Suddenly, Halley felt a hand catch the back of her robes and yank her into a compartment.

"I totally hate it when you do that!" She laughed, and then felt herself being pulled into a kiss.

"You don't hate it!" Adam grinned down at her, "you just dislike it."

"No, I hate you, I one hundred percent hate you," Halley laughed.

Adam rolled his eyes and sat down, Halley copied him and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Next year is going to be great!" said Adam, "there's the Keeper spot on the Quidditch team open, so you can join, and we can go on dates in Hogsmead-"

"That's when I work up the nerve to tell my parents that we're dating," Halley said.

"Well, you've got all summer, you'll tell them then right?"

"Sure I will," Halley grinned, Adam cocked his head and raised his eyebrows, "okay, maybe I won't, but that's only because Dad might try to set you on fire."

"Professor Longbottom isn't that bad."

"You don't have to live with him, really, he's insane."

********

"Who are you writing to Comet?" Venus stuck her head into Halley's bedroom. Venus looked exhausted. The bags under her eyes were more prominent, and there seemed to be twice as many grey hairs on her head than when Halley had last seen her. This was all a clear indication that the full moon was approaching.

"No one," said Halley, covering her letter to Adam with a book, "just James."

"You saw James yesterday," frowned Venus.

"That doesn't mean that I don't want to write to him!" Halley rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you guys are planning, tell me that it's going to be something in the Charms corridor, not the Transfiguration one," Venus raised her eyebrows.

"I promise," Halley winked at her mother.

********

Halley didn't build up the courage to tell her parents about Adam that summer.

But she was eager to find Adam on Platform 9 3/4, to find out how his summer had been.

"Hal!" Adam grabbed her hand and pulled her over to where he stood with a tall man and a short friendly looking woman, who must be his parents, "mum, dad, this is my girlfriend Halley."

"Hi," Halley grinned.

"Halley...?" The man asked.

"Longbottom, Halley Longbottom," said Halley.

"Ah, you're Neville and Venus's daughter," the man nodded with a smile, "I played Quidditch with your mother."

"Dad is a Keeper," Adam grinned.

"My mum mentioned you," said Halley, "she said that you are-eh, enthusiastic about Quidditch."

"Well, enthusiasm is the main point in any sport!" Smiled Adam's mother.

"Well, we should go and get on the train," said Adam, "I'll see you at Christmas," he hugged his parents quickly, before dragging Halley across the Platform. When they were out of eyeshot, Halley pulled Adam in for a kiss.

"I missed you," she said.

"I missed you too."