41- Halley Visits Her Grandparents

"You're going out?" James seemed quite surprised when the next day, Halley emerged from her room, fully dressed and holding a bag.

"I'm going to St Mungos."

"Uh, Hal, I thought you weren't allowed to go there."

"I'm going to visit my Grandparents. No one can stop me doing that," Halley crossed her arms.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"I think I can get there myself," Halley shouldered her bag, "I'll see you later." She made to walk out of the flat, but before she could leave, James had grabbed her waist and spun her around, so that they were face to face.

He grinned and kissed her on the nose, "it's good to see the old Halley again. I much prefer her."

"So do I," Halley agreed. "Can I go now?" James laughed and kissed her on the lips, before releasing her.

********

"Healer Longbottom?" The woman at the front desk squeaked in surprise at the sight of Halley striding into the hospital, "I thought you were on leave."

"I'm just visiting my grandparents," Halley said. The woman nodded and allowed Halley to pass.

She walked through the familiar halls, toward the long term care ward, where Frank and Alice Longbottom were still in residence. It wasn't often that Halley was able to visit them, but she relished the opportunities that she got.

Frank and Alice had never recovered from the torture that they were subjected to 47 years prior, however, the constant care that St Mungos had provided, had bought the two once great wizards some comfort, and they were now able to recognise their son when he visited.

"Halley!" The plump, friendly healer who tended the long term care ward smiled at her when she entered, "we weren't expecting you today. Frank and Alice will be delighted to have some company, perhaps you can play a game of gobstones? Alice has been getting much better, she beat me last week!"

"Sure I can," Halley smiled back, as she headed down the ward, to the beds at the very end, which were occupied by Frank and Alice. "Hi Grandma, Hi Grandad," Halley smiled at them as she sat down on the uncomfortable wooden chair in between their beds, "I bought you some sweets." She pulled out a box of chocolate frogs and handed them to her grandmother, "I know you like to look at the cards."

Alice happily took the box, her round face almost glowing with excitement as she began to unwrap the first one.

Alice pulled the card out and squinted at it, her face broke into an even wider smile at sight of the picture. She pointed at it, and showed it to Halley.

"That's my Dad," Halley nodded, "That's Neville, your son."

"Neville," Frank interjected, with a wide smile to match his wife's.

There was a commotion at the other end of the ward, which made all three of them look around. Halley was quite surprised to see Ethan, looking out of breath, but nevertheless, striding toward Halley.

"Ethan?"

"Halley! I went to your house, but James said that you were here, and-"

"Why did you go to my house? What happened?"

"It worked!" Ethan's smiled widened.

"What worked?"

"Potion number 43 worked!"