17- OWL Results

"Shouldn't you be revising?" Venus found Halley and James outside, laughing their heads off, the day before their exams.

"I don't need to revise," said Halley, "I know it all."

"That is the kind of cocky behaviour that meant that Teddy had to resit some of his OWLs."

"Yes, but we aren't Teddy are we," James grinned.

Venus sighed, she gave up and decided to leave them to it, "just don't blame me when you fail."

"We won't mum- I mean Professor Longbottom, because we're not going to fail," Halley yelled after Venus as she walked away.

********

"Your OWL results will be coming soon," Neville mused a few weeks into the summer holidays, "are you nervous Comet?"

"No, I think I did fine." Halley ate a mouthful of cereal.

The front door opened and then closed. Moments later Venus walked into the kitchen, joining the rest of her family, who were all eating their breakfast.

She yawned widely and quickly took the cup of coffee that Neville offered her.

"You okay Mum?" Nova asked.

"I'm fine sweetheart," Venus smiled weakly in between sips of coffee.

There was a loud tapping noise at the window, and the family looked around to see one of the Hogwarts screech owls tapping at the window.

Neville got up and opened the window to let the owl in. It soared into the room and landed in front of Halley.

"Go on Hal, open it." Neville encouraged.

Halley frowned as she pulled the letter from the owl and opened it, wondering what she could've possibly done to mean that Hogwarts was writing to her during the school holidays.

ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS

Pass grades:
Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

HALLEY ALICE LONGBOTTOM HAS ACHIEVED

Astronomy....................E
Charms...................E
Care Of Magical Creatures............E
Defence Against The Dark Arts...............O
Divination...............T
Herbology...............O
History Of Magic............A
Potions............O
Transfiguration................O

"Ha!" Halley grinned, "I told you I wouldn't fail anything!"

"You got a T in Divination," Nysa was peering over Halley's shoulder at her results.

"Let me see," Neville stretched out his hand. Halley passed it to him triumphantly, "wow Halley, you got an O in Herbology, well done."

"I told you that I wouldn't fail anything!" Halley repeated, grinning at Venus.

"Yes, Halley, you did tell me, now can you talk a little quieter?" Venus smiled again as she continued to sip her coffee.

********

"Hey, we're almost matching!" Halley and James compared their OWL results the following day at the Potter house.

James had also failed Divination. But had achieved Os in Defence Against The Dark Arts, Charms and Potions. Whilst Halley had got Os in Transfiguration, Herbology and Potions.

"We can continue to take the same classes next year then," James grinned.

"Yeah, I was planning on taking Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Herbology and Defence Against The Dark Arts. That's everything I need to be a healer," said Halley.

"Me too, that's everything I need to be an Auror."

"Well, isn't everything working out just perfectly."