3- Pranks Glorious Pranks

Halley and James didn't get caught for that prank. Although it did make the whole school laugh to watch Professor Black and Professor Black-Weasley scratching their heads on how to remove it. Since they first created the swamps, Fred and George had added some extra charms to it, which made it immovable.

"This is wonderful," Hope grinned as she, Alfie, Halley and James were punted across the swamp by a grouchy Sirius, who's turn it was to take students to the Great Hall.

"I swear, when Venus gets the counter Charm out of Fred and George, you two are going to be in detention forever!" Sirius told Halley and James.

"Why, Grandad, we had no hand in this," Halley struggled to hold back her laughter.

"Someone is grumpy because he got stuck as the ferryman," Alfie pointed out.

"Alphard Black, if you had a hand in this, I'll-I'll," Sirius threatened.

"You'll do what?" Alfie gave his father a cheeky grin.

"I'll tell your mother."

"He's got you there Alfie, Grandma Lia is terrifying." Halley laughed.

********

It took Fred and George almost a week to cough up the counter charm to get rid of the swamp. By that time, Halley and James had hatched their next plan.

None of the teachers were able to find any evidence that pointed to James and Halley, other than the fact that their family knew their reputation.

Their next prank involved the soap in the Gryffindor bathrooms, which James and Halley switched with red dye. This prank was also not traced back to them, although Alfie was completely sure that it was his niece who had caused his normally blond hair to turn bright red.

"Teddy, what are you doing?" Alfie demanded as Teddy passed by, also with red hair.

"I thought it was a new trend," Teddy grinned, as he spoke he turned all of his skin red to match his hair, "I was feeling left out. I mean sure it's all of the Gryffindors effected, but I'm all for inter house unity!"

"Get out of here Teddy!" Hope shoved her olde brother, who stumbled away, laughing his head off.

Alfie turned back to Halley and James, who were both stifling laughter into their hands.

"If you two ever mess with my beautiful hair again, I will not hesitate to kill you."

Professor Slughorn worked out an antidote by the end of the day. Which meant that Halley and James were quickly onto their next plan.

"I'm not sure how much more we can get away with," Halley said as she poured a phial of a potion that she had been brewing. To her surprise, Halley had discovered that she was quite good at potions. Slughorn had announced on their very first lesson, that she was a natural at potions.

She had taken this in her stride, and decided to incorporate it into her pranking.

She emptied the phial and got to her feet, looking out over the lake, where James was hovering on his broomstick, with his wand pointing at the lake.

"You almost done?" She yelled across the lake at James.

"Yeah, I'm done," he stowed his wand and flew back over to Halley, landing beside her and dismounting his broom.

"How did you manage to smuggle that into the castle?"

"Mum put a shrinking charm on it," James grinned, "she says that the rule saying first years can't have brooms is a stupid rule."

"Well, I suppose she's right, plus the famous Ginny Potter would not want her son being without a broom," Halley pulled stood, admiring their work.

"There's no way that we're getting away with this one," James laughed.

"The detentions will be worth it though," Halley patted his back.

********

"You two have got some nerve," Venus told Halley and James when they  found themselves sat in her office the next day. The lake incident had all of Gryffindor house in fits of laughter. The lake had been dyed red, and James had made a very large Gryffindor crest, that floated right in the middle of the lake.

"And I volunteered to take care of your punishment," Venus continued.

"Punishment for what?" James asked innocently.

"Don't try and pull that on me," Venus crossed her arms and laughed at the two first years before her, both of whom had tried to play innocent when caught in the act of pranking before, "once again, you're forgetting that I grew up with your Uncles Fred and George, I learnt to see through the innocent at age two, so what type of punishment do you guys think is most appropriate?"

"No punishment?" Halley suggested, knowing full well that it would fall on deaf ears.

"I don't think so, you guys are going to have a really fun few nights!"

"We've got more than one detention?" Halley groaned.

"Of course you do! You guys are in detention every night this week. If we have one more big stunt like the ones you have been pulling so far, I won't hesitate to double your detentions, and then I'll do it again, and then again , right up until you guys get the picture."

"Your mum is mean," James murmured to Halley out of the corner of his mouth.

"Tell me about it," Halley murmured back.

🎶🎤It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming home, footballs coming home!🎤🎶
I've had that song in my head all day and I'm going to kill someone soon I swear!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx