27- The Victorie-Teddy-Snogging-Behind-A-Tent Wedding

"Halley, James!" Molly smiled as the two young adults entered the Burrow, "you two need to visit more often! Merlin, you've grown!" She swept the two of them into a hug.

Both of them let out sighs and rubbed their ribs when she released them and bustled away to tend to some other members of her family.

"Does she ever stop?" James stared after his grandmother.

"No, especially not when there's a Weasley wedding on its way," Halley laughed.

"Just think, in two days time, Victoire and Teddy will be married," James put extreme emphasis on the word married, "that's the same Victoire and Teddy that we caught snogging behind the tents at the Quidditch World Cup."

"A true love story," Halley sniffed dramatically.

"Almost as true as that one," James gestured to Alfie, who seemed to have just tumbled down several flights of stairs, and was sat on his butt on the floor at the bottom of the stairs, and to Hope, who was standing triumphantly at the top of the stairs.

"It's almost poetic isn't it," Halley smiled, "he fell for her. Get it? He fell down the stairs because she pushed him."

"Explaining it doesn't make it funny Halley," James patted her shoulder.

"It does too!"

********

"Doesn't Victoire look beautiful?" Selene sighed, looking towards her cousin, who was adorned in a beautiful silvery-white dress, dancing with her new husband, who was (as ever) sporting hair to match the occasion, of a glinting gold colour.

"She really does," Halley agreed with the younger girl, watching Hope and Alfie dance happily.

"Oh, to have someone to dance with," Halley sighed.

"You have James to dance with," Nova pointed out.

"James, what? No, James is dancing with one of the Delacour girls, James isn't- I mean, we're not-"

"Okay Halley, whatever helps you sleep at night," Nysa patted his sister's shoulder, and got to his feet, hurrying away from the table, leaving Lily, Nova, Selene and Halley.

"Hal," Nova said quietly, "do you want to go for a walk?"

"Sure," Halley stood up, "I could do with some fresh air, it's hot in here isn't it."

Nova looked relieved as they made it out of the tent, leading Halley to wonder if her sister had other motives for wanting to get out of the tent.

"How are you, Nova? Glad to have left school? Excited to get out in the world?" Halley tried to strike up a conversation as the fresh air hit their faces.

Nova turned to Halley, a deadly serious (and slightly worried) expression on her face, "what I'm about to tell you, has to stay between us."

"Okay, what are you-"

"I'm in love with Selene." Nova blurted out, she then closed her eyes and sighed in relief, "wow, I've held that in for a long time."

"How long exactly?" Halley asked, smiling at the bemused look on Nova's face.

"What? You're not shocked? You're not running off to tell everyone? You're not teasing me?"

"Why would I tease you?" Halley asked, "I totally see it, Selene is brilliant, she's pretty, and Merlin that girl can talk for England-"

"You're not shocked? That I like girls I mean?" Nova stared at Halley.

"You're my sister Nova, I don't care who you like. I want you to be happy," Halley smiled, "that's why I'm saying this. Go and tell Selene how you feel. If you really love her, she deserves to know. And maybe she'll feel the same, and I can be maid of honour and your wedding, and mum will cry and hug you, and dad will just humour her-"

"Don't get ahead of yourself Hal," said Nova, "I don't even know if I'm going to tell her, I mean, what if she just laughs in my face?"

"If she laughs in your face, me and Nysa will beat her up," Halley said plainly.

"No! I don't want that!"

"Well, you'd better hope she doesn't laugh then," Halley grinned and cracked her knuckles.

"Fine, I'll tell her!" Nova turned back towards the tent, "but if this blows up in my face, I'm blaming you!"

"It won't blow up in your face!" Halley yelled after Nova, as her sister hurried back into the tent.

A bunch of chapters in one go to make up for the fact I neglected this book! 

I currently have a Q&A running, comment some questions on my profile and I will answer them in my Em On Wattpad book!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx