ii

"W-What?"

His voice quivers, his mother's words ringing his ears almost as if it were secret that was rather left under the mat than spoken aloud, too vicious to be vocally pronounced.

"I-I'm sorry."

She can't look at her son's eyes, her hands quivering in her lap as she diverts her gaze to the tiles beneath her.

Taehyung knows he should be angry. Livid even. But he can't bring himself to cause harm on his dear mother, even for what would soon await his fate. His fingers tug at the sleeves of his sweaters, digging his stubby nails into the thick fabric in some sort of stress reliever.

His fingernails leave pressed imprints upon the fabric once he lets go, a shaky sigh falling from his cherry lips.

"It's o-okay."

They both know that's a lie, but none say so. Both are smart enough to not press too hard on the sensitive topic.

The two sit in the stifling silence, mourning the soon loss of family.

Taehyung sniffles, sweater paws balling into little fists that rub at his eyes, dirty blond hair cascading over his forehead.

Gentle hands pull the crying boy into a warm embrace, his mother's hushes dispersing into her own cries as they hold each other, fingers clutched upon the other's shirts, scared of the disappearance.

And that's how they stay, Taehyung curled in his mother's lap just like he had once did when he was child, delicate fingers combing his hair.

&&&

Curses fling from his parted lips, the man thrashing in his bonds as he regain consciousness. The action cause the ropes to dig into his stomach, embedding itself into the open flesh.

A pained yelp echoes across the cold room, sharp intakes of breath filling the air with tended silence.

"I see, you've awoken."

It's the same rich, smooth voice that greets the wounded man as he lifts his head. He wants to curse, scream and shout at the man who left him to rot in the caving darkness. But he's smarter than that. His life is in the other's hands, and triggering the already fuming man wasn't the wisest decision.

"P-Please..."

He is cut off, this time with a fist, strong knuckles meeting his cheek with utmost force that he's sent to the floor, ropes tightening around his stomach, injured jaw hitting the rough concrete and cheek swelling from the harsh impact.

His screams echo across the walls of the basement, lashes heavy with tears as he whimpers from the blinding pain in his abdomen.

"Shut up!"the enraged voice above him, bellows, a sharp kick delivered to the exact area of his wound upon his stomach, "Just shut the fuck up!"

The man smothers his sobs, yellowed teeth bitting down hard on his tongue, the beads of red diverting his attention from the blooming pain of his mid section for a few seconds.

Almost immediately the man's once fuming behaviour calms down, an eerie yet satisfied smile tugging at his lips, slender fingers curling at his leather jacket, readjusting it's shifted form.

"That's better."

The man sprawled upon the ground can only watch wide wide eyes, his mind spinning with insults and assumptions of the bipolar man above him.

"I'm a nice man Kim, honest. But when someone pisses me off, I don't let them off easy. Specially when it includes money."

He can hear the sound of leather scraping against the concrete that he's resting upon, a figure kneeling down beside him. He restrains the urge to kick out and curse at the man, as he tilts his chin upwards with smooth fingertips, nails digging into supple skin.

"Pay up Kim. Give me back what you stole from me."

The poor man can only shake his head, eyes glassing over as he his mind scrambles for any possibility of pulling himself out of such a situation.

"I-I...p-please, g-give me s-some time..."

A dark eyebrow raises, narrowed eyes glinting dangerously, "Was that not what you said the last time?"

His throat seems much too dry then, eyes darting around the room in search of escape.

"There's no way out Mr.Kim."the man whispers, sickly sweet, "We're stuck here, together until you give me a reasonable deal."

He gulps, heart racing in his ears. Fear grips him like a fist that encases his limp body, pressing hard against his protesting limbs.

The two sit in uncomfortable silence, the pained man visibly stressed out, clenched fists that drip with sweat.

"Times ticking Kim."the delighted man announces with sick glee, a twisted expression falling upon his attractive features.

Minutes of stifling silence and still the helpless man is unable to find a solution, nerves churning at his stomach, fragile butterflies in a craze of batting wings.

His face turns to glance at the beast beside him, a loud gasp falling from his lips when met with gleaming coal eyes that flash dangerously.

"I'm not a patient man. When I want something, I get it. And I get it fast."

Only then does the man spot the gleam of the gun tucked carefully in the other's hand, the metallic snick of a safety catch being released echoing across the bland walls.

The cold metals rests underneath his jawline, pressing hard into the area where had been hit by the exact same object.

"P-Please, my f-family i-is w-waiting for m-me."

The man only smirks, head tilting to the side, "Should've thought about them before asking for money and not returning it."

He's desperate now, reputation discarded as he pleads for another chance, tears obscuring his vision and short pants falling from his lips.

"P-P-Please, my s-son..."

It's a struggle to form comprehensive sentences in the haze of nervousness the man is in, his throat clogged with choked sobs.

The man who a short time ago seemed presumably bored with the other's blabbering now appeared rather interested, a cruel glint in his empty eyes.

"And what about this boy?"he presses, the head of the gun harder into the man's jaw.

"H-He's only nineteen. H-He's just s-starting h-his life, h-he needs a f-father."

Almost as if a lightbulb had flickered above the cruel man's head, his lips curl into a vile smirk.

"I've got a deal Kim."he states, shoving the injured man as he straightens up, dusting off the expensive jacket.

The man can only look up, body quivering and eyes wide as he assess the foul man glaring down at him.

"W-What is it?"

The man grins, white teeth flashing dangerously in the dimmed room, a single finger twirling the gun in his hand.

"Give me your son, or face both your wife's and yourself's death."