xxxvi

Anyone ready for NCT C?

Thank you all so much for 5K - *sob
- , if I could come around and visit each and every one of you with food, I would.

~

The days after his conversation with the silver haired male had been ones of fruitless attempts. He would find himself preparing to subtly question the elder, expression masked in one of indifference. Maybe it was the fear of doing something wrong, something that would perish the plan, of revealing too much.

For in his hands are two lives. Two lives that after a simple fatal shot cannot be brought back from the dead.

All it took was the wrong words and soon a duo of addition would be counted to the never-ending mount of death tolls in the country.

Whenever he was on the verge of being delivered an applicable answer of some sort, such terror would suddenly clasp around his tongue, ceasing him from saying anything further. It was one of the most frustrating sensations he had ever encountered. He would be so close, so, so close that it had him on the verge of tears before he leans back to breathe shakily and it was all too late.

It's one of those many moments currently, the couple on the way to the ice cream store after Taehyung's insistence of the sugary treat.

"Jeongguk?"

The said male hums from where he is seated, one hand curled languidly around the steering wheel and the other resting casually on the blond's thighs, finger nestled between it's tight wedge. It's rather usual of the elder to show such intimate affection when the two were together and hidden from prying eyes, although he didn't try hard to hide such actions in public either.

"Has anyone tried to you know...escape before?"he says inquisitively, eyes flickering momentarily to view the elder's reaction.

Taehyung notices the cease of gentle circles upon his inner thigh, the other's arm now slack against his skin. There's no facial sign of discomfort or animosity however, something that the blond isn't sure as to assign as satisfactory or terrible. Swallowing thickly, he pushes his shoulder backwards as if attempting to throw of the sudden tension that settles in the interior of the vehicle.

There's a soft tick as the raven haired male flicks the signal to the right, head turning to asses the blond with a calculating gaze. It's terrifying really, those hollow, charcoal eyes prying at the layers of barriers in his mind, unravelling him from the inside out. He fears that thick-eyelinered man's secret was now reflected clearly upon his orbs, exposed to the elder's gaze.

"Why do you ask?"Jeongguk murmurs, a twinge of warning in his tone.

He shrugs indifference as he averts his gaze towards the rugged road, fingers extending to thread themselves into the elder's hand, "Just curious."

The male seems doubtful but proceeds to the brush the younger's queer questions as to one of naive curiosity.

"Well yeah, the mafia doesn't go too well with some. The pressure and mental torture gets to them and soon enough they just can't take it any longer. So they try to get out but by then it's too late. They know too much to be allowed out. It'd be stupid to permit them to leave with that knowledge."

There's a brief pause as the male breathes sharply through his pursed lips, dark irises flickering warily towards his significant partner who watches with earnest.

"And then?"Taehyung quips, eyes wide and curious as he leans forward as if the other's words were not one to be vocalised too loudly.

If it had not been for the severity of the conversation, Jeongguk would've laughed at the childish twinge that laces the blond's vowels, his expression one of a child eager to know the ending of a fairytale.