xxi

It's near noon when the blond beauty awakes, disoriented and nasal columns tingling with the sweet smell of chloroform.

The inhale of the dense liquid is almost enough to plummet the boy into the state of mindless black once again, yet the quantity is insanely little and only triggers the lazy blink of his eyes and struggle to comprehend his surroundings.

Taehyung realises he's in a bed. A rather soft and comfortable one at that, ironed linen tucked carefully under his chin, enveloping his thin frame in a smothered warmth.

He almost thinks that he's simply laying on his partner's bed, tired and groggy until he realises that he cannot smell the familiar scent of black vanilla and pear, dribbled with speck of honeyed musk.

Darting upright, the confused boy blinks rapidly, pleading for his vision to disperse from the blurred colours and smudged furniture. It takes a few seconds however, the blond squeezing his eyes almost comically before opening them wide.

This is not his and Jeongguk's room.

For where are the black, leather plants that the blond secretly loves on the other's muscled things, strewn over the cream carpet? Or the much too large number of stuffies Jeongguk had won for him in their date just last week, that usually resides in the plush chair poisoned in the corner of the room?

He can feel his palms clam over his thighs, breathing suddenly fastening as he allows his eyes to rake over the exterior of the room.

Those overly polished, leather shoes were certainly not Jeongguk's. Nor was the sleek iPhone that lays on the black bed side table.

Taehyung flings the cover of his legs, flinching lightly at the sensation of iced nails clawing his exposed things as he darts to the door.

It's almost cliché that when he reaches for the doorknob, the door suddenly flings open, a startled gasp of both shock and surprise falling from his parted lips.

"Well hello there baby boy."

&&&

"It's been a day!"the dark haired male fumes, his fist meeting the wall beside him in a sickening crunch, "What the fuck is taking so long!"

The young boys to his left quiver in their seats, fingers tapping rapidly over the keyboards as they search, charged with the fear of the life being ripped away from them before their own eyes.

"I-I'm sorry s-sir!"they squeak in unison, eyes flickering from the screen to their turbulent boss.

Jeongguk scoffs, opening his mouth to add further oil to the blazing fire, raising his fist to swing roughly at the nearest IT to him. Fortunately, the mint haired male is quick to save the younger male's face from the abuse of strong knuckles moulding into his flesh, palm enclosed around the other's fist.

"Yah!"he snaps, shoving the male away from the terrified technicians, "Calm down!"

The young leader growls lowly, a warning for the other to remove his hand from him immediately. The message is clearly taken, Yoongi dropping his arms and instead grasping his shoulder to press his body back.

His lips ghost over the younger's lips as he hisses. tone warning and dangerous regardless of his degraded position, "Relax."

Narrowing his eyes, Jeongguk clenches his fist ready to throw another blow at the barrier between him and those useless ITs, regardless of the victim-to-be, being his friend.

The mint haired male, pre-aware to the swing, spits out a rather sensitive sentence, the words acting as his last resort to simmer the younger's anger.