xxxviii

^credits to Nonconman for the amazing art

Sorry for the long wait. <33

The new covers were made by Bangtanlover95 , aren't they just gorgeous?

~

Time moves slowly as his feet slope against the cracked paint of the stairs, arms bent at his torso. He feels the swivelling eyes that latch to his charcoal, printed back. Feel those boring eyes that tear at his flesh, fingers kissing the crevices of his bare bones.

"Oi!"

The voice is gruff and loud, splitting the green stalks and slathering at his ears as the hair on his neck raise with apprehension.

"What do you think you're doing?"the man grunts, the safe guard of his AK-47 unlocked whipping at his skin.

His lungs scream in his chest as he propels himself forward in a desperation, legs aching with the sudden boost of speed.

Don't look back. He thinks, nibbling on his bottom lip as he fumbles with the doorknob, fingers slathered in clammy sweat and rid of their usual feeling.

Bang!

The world around him seems to halt, the mahogany door before him swinging open after a rather abrasive tug of desperation. He feels himself lumbering into the house, thighs ablaze with fire, eventually succumbing to the intense curiousity in his mind and twisting his body to face the endless fields.

The impact of the thick metal has him crumbling to the floorboards, pain striking at his hunched shoulders as he elicits a strangled cry of distress, stumbling backwards and dropping with a loud thrash of limbs.

Fire. It curls it's lips at his unblemished skin, tapestry white teeth sinking into the honey flesh, ribbons of velvet spilling against the rich wood. His ears ring, deaf to the sudden uproar around him as men turn to asses the unordered gun shot.

Move. Now.

It hurts. Everything hurts. Regardless of the fact that only his shoulder had been shot, his entire body felt as if someone had stabbed him repeatedly, choosing to dig their knife especially hard at the juncture of his shoulder blade.

Through the blurred haze of his vision, his eyes pinpoint on the man who had delivered the fatal shot, his eyebrows pulled together in dry mockery and barrel raised to deliver further shots.

His body pains, every movement striking jolts of electricity that sizzles at his veins, hissing at his skin. Even so, his mind yearns for survival, brain functioning in fabricated automation, toes fumbling at the spine of the door as he stretches his legs to its fullest extent.

Millimetres. Just a few more shoves and the door would be fully closed, poorly restricting the upcoming bullets that pierce the wooden structure of the house.

There's a loud hiss as yet another bullet is released from its hollow enclosure, this time stopping simply inches away from his left ear, succumbed in the thick wood of the doorframe.

The next bullet fires again, whizzing and crumbling through the air as the blond elicits a gurgled whimper of sickening defeat, legs pulling back to gift the wood with one final kick.

The metal seems to move in dilatory time, lurching through space with daunting resolution. His mind seems to halt, bland and blurred of physical concession. There's a faint realisation of the fatal blow inching closer and close towards him, tingling at his closed eyes.

With baited breath, he watches, teeth pressed tightly over his cherry lips as the metallic taste seeps at his tongue.

Move, his mind screams, slashing at his hips to roll over in the last flee of survival, move!