xxviii

You all are too nice >.< I was smiling like a creep from the cute birthday wishes 💖

~

He's in a gentle slumber when the blond awakes, head bent in a rather awkward angle after drifting asleep from memorising the younger's features.

Taehyung awakes to dim light, the sun smothered by the thick curtains, visibly dying, its peach blood oozing across the room in slanted slabs.

Blinking in fatigue, despite the fact that he had been snoozing for the past three days, he tilts his head to delve into who or what was grasping his hips in the softest of holds, fingers curled under his shirt.

He feels rather foolish when he recognises the ivory skin and dark eyelashes, chiding himself for even doubting the person who held him so tenderly.

Kris...

A bolt of guilt seeps at his veins, regret for even thinking that Jeongguk could ever be the malicious man he visioned to be.

Swallowing back the uncomfortable lump that burns at his throat, Taehyung allows himself to appreciate the elder's striking visuals, a lovesick smile of his own curling at his lips.

Up close, the raven haired male doesn't seem so frightening and cold but rather vulnerable, his features gentle as if he had never committed terrible sins.

His skin is milky and unblemished, glowing prominently under the auburn melt of the sunset. His lips, Taehyung notices while flushing darkly, are a rather shocking colour of deep crimson, puckered in his sleep as they mould at the curve of the pillow.

The dark curl of his eyelashes threw a shadow of muffled grey upon his high cheekbones, strong frame rising up and down from his gentle inhales and exhales.

The blond frowns at the growing visibility off the elder's beard, evident bags sagging at the skin under his eyes. As charming as he appeared, it looked as if his soul had been forcibly robbed, all what were left was a shell of morbid

"Hello angel."

Jeongguk's eyes are pried open lightly, an affectionate grin tugging at his lips as he allows himself to drink in the thought that his lover was okay, and would continue to be so.

An abashed smile paints the blond's features, embarrassed at being caught out, gawking openly at the other, his cheeks dusting a furious red as he hurries to burry his head into the elder's chest.

Tiny vibrations run upon the expanse of his head, the raven haired male's chest moving amusedly under him as he presses his fists to the other's lower abdomen in soft punches.

"Stop laughing!"he whines into the white fabric, skin flushed terribly, "It's not funny!"

The comment only makes the other fall into another roll of louder laughs, palms reaching down to pull gently at the blond's waist, heaving him up.

There's silence as they simply rest their foreheads lightly against one another, breaths mingled and legs tangled in a mess of bent limbs.

"Hi."Taehyung breaths out sweetly, lips breaking out into a wide smile, exposing all his teeth.

Jeongguk doesn't think he can fall more in love than he already were, yet the younger had him in a state of utter breathlessness as he exhales softly, "Hey."

Humming in contentment, the blond relaxes in the tender hold of the other, eyes fluttering close. There's a comforting silence, the duo reassuring themselves that what was occurring was real and that no harm would come to either of them.