xix

Shit is going down in this chapter..

"Is he alone yet?"

His reply is nothing but a stuttered squeak, quivering fingers groping at his thin hoodie as he shakes his head in dismay, "N-No sir. Not y-yet."

The dominant male curses, fist rising to slam back down with utmost force on the table, dark eyes blazing with restrained fury, "Then what are you doing here?!"

The other male whimpers, brown eyes watery as he glances down at his fingers, slim body quaking in fear.

"I d-don't know s-sir."

"Get out!"he screams, fists clenched until his knuckles are pure white, the veins on his neck popping presently, "Bring him to me!"

&&&

To say the blond beauty was distressed was an utter understatement. Slender fingers tangled in anxiety, teeth nibbling on a plump lip and slim legs tapping on the floor were the exact same actions the younger had possessed for the past hour.

The pink haired male personally found it rather adorable and was struggling to contain the frivolous squeals that represent an awful familiarity to a overjoyed fangirl.

Taehyung had been asking him the same questions over and over again, blond bangs obscuring his vision from how much he had frantically whipped his head in the direction of the door in anticipation of the dark haired male's appearance.

"When is he coming back?"

Jin sighs, running a wary hand through his pink locks as he glances doubtfully at the clock, "I'm not sure. Usually attacks take about half a day but since we're on the less fortunate side on this one, it could be a few more hours than that."

They both know that even hours couldn't give them a precise result, yet none are too brave to voice their opinions in fear of harming the other.

Jeongguk's orders had been to protect the younger in any circumstance and never leave his side, always to be in the safety of the two's shared bedroom. Jin eyes the spacious room, line of vision flickering briefly over the locked door, a poor assurance of their minimum safety.

The elder knows that if the other had previous knowledge of the attack, he would've found a much securer hideout for the younger male, but in the haste of rush, he had only ordered the feeble form of protection.

"How 'bout we watch something?"the elder pipes up, rising from the bed to rummage through the box of cds posited under the television, "Action sounds good."

Taehyung bites his lip doubtfully, eyes flickering from the bent frame of the other as he flicked his wrist through movies towards the locked door. Was it not cruel to simply enjoy the pleasures in life while his significant other could possibly be stabbed to death?

He settles to simply not reply, long legs curling underneath him as he presses into the comforter propped behind his back, brown eyes watching the other.

"What about 'I Am Legend'?"

&&&

They were halfway into the movie, cuddling under the voluminous amount of cotton blankets, when they heard a muffled knock on the door.

It had been Taehyung who had first noticed the sharp rap to the wood, his attention partially taken from the constant glances toward the door in hopes of the other's appearance.

"Hyung?"

Jin hums, eyes fixated on the screen, "Yeah?"

"I heard someone knocking."