xxvi

CAN I JUST SAY THAT TAE'S MULLET MAKES HIM LOOKS SO FUCKING PRETTY JCKSOWNDNWO

HIT YOU WITH THAT DDU-DU DDU-DU DU!! OUR QUEENS 😭🖤💖

~

His eyes are closed to the world, awaiting the colossal bang that would surely end his life, his world crumbling before him in shades of thickening red.

It never came.

There's utter silence, not a single word ushered to his ears as he shifts slightly. Was this how afterlife sounded like? Pressing silence that nips at his skin?

It appears so, the air around him stifling as if it simply could not bear what was to come. Jeongguk does not dare to peel open his each yet, afraid to breach the future and unfold his fate.

Until he hears a sickeningly familiar voice curse loudly, a sense of alarming panic laced around his words.

"Fuck!"the male swears, the sound of a gun being tossed to the side audible to his ears, "Shit, no, no!"

He's not dead.

He's still in the very room he was embarrassingly beaten, sprawled against the prickly carpet.

Taehyung.

It's the first thing that emerges in his mind at the revelation of his prolonging existence, dark eyes snapping open as he sweeps the vicinity in search for the brown eyed blond.

And he sees him.

He cannot speak. Cannot breathe for the thorns that twist at his heart are much too painful and punishing for him to think coherently.

Dismissing the fact that half of his muscles in his body burnt as if someone had dug shards of glass into his limbs, he's scrambling to his feet, palms trembling as he nears his significant other.

His angel had taken the bullet.

Had taken the shot that had meant to be for him. Had sacrificed his life if it meant the well-being of the other. Had allowed the metal to pierce his skin in a sizzle of flaming hisses and writhing fingernails.

"No..."Jeongguk murmurs, vision obscuring as the seconds pass, "N-No. Not you a-angel. N-No, please.."

He finds himself shoving the other male weakly away from the blond, Kris submissively stepping away from the younger, his own eyes watery in mournful guilt.

The raven haired male snakes a gentle hand around the younger's waist, pulling his thin frame into his lap, hold fragile and nurturing as if the other was glass in his hands.

"Angel?"he whispers, voice hoarse and cracked, "P-Petal can you hear me?"

He tries not to let his vision stray to the bullet wound that embeds itself into the younger's abdomen, crimson streamers curling at his skin. Red drenched his clothes as if they had been submerged in dye. The wound in particular is spewing shades of swelling rouge, twisting the flesh in a rippling shard of tan debris

Taehyung blinks dazedly up at the other, cherry lips parted in a sharp gasps of air, "G-Gukkie?"

Jeongguk nods rapidly, a trembling smile strained upon his lips as he looks down at the blond, eyes glassed over in tears, "It's m-me angel. It's G-Gukkie."

Transparent tears spill down ivory cheeks, doe eyes raking the gentle features of the ethereal being in his arms for what he wishes would not be the last time.

"H-Hurts.."he mumbles raspily, gaze half lidded, "Hurts Gukkie."

The elder can only watch on helplessly, dipping his head to pepper consoling kisses on the blond's increasingly pale skin, "I k-know angel. Gukkie'll make i-it better okay?"

A pitiful hiccup burns at his throat, chest writhing in agony as he views the pained blond, his lips dry against the other's forehead.

Dark eyes close momentarily, a shaky breath pressing into his mouth as he struggles to gather his senses. He had to be strong for his angel.

Jeongguk curls an arm around the underside of the younger's knees, the other resting securely at his back, the tips of his fingertips tracing soothing shapes into the other's skin.

"This might hurt a bit."he warns gently, kissing the crease in the blond's eyebrows, "Scrape my back if it's too much, o-okay?"

Taehyung's reply is slightly delayed, his eyes hazy and unfocused as he whispers weakly, "M'kay."

Murmuring words of praise, he rises from the floor, careful to not shift the injured blond in his arms, "Good boy. Doing so well angel."

The corners of the younger's lips quirk, a soft giggling elicited from his cherry lips, the pleased sound morphing into a anguished groan, eyebrows knitted in visible distress as he grimaces.

"Shh."the raven haired male coos, glancing in worried concern as he strides down the stairs, "Don't overwork yourself Petal."

The duo are almost three quarters of the way through the voluminous mansion, simply metres from the entrance, Jeongguk occasionally glancing down at the whimpering blond.

Sweat lines the younger's hairline, dotting the expanse of his skin as if one had sponged a drenched cloth upon him. His eyes were closed tightly, crimson lips parted inhaling sharply.

"B-Baby?"he prods anxiously, raising his foot to plant a sharp kick to the door, "Keep your e-eyes open for me okay?"

The younger grunts, visibly against the command, head jerking to the side to expose a column of coffee skin. It is only then does Jeongguk truly take note of the scarlet imprints of fingers twisted over the middle of his neck, azure and lilac blotches of colour sprinkled over the base of his neck.

His eyes darken considerably, a predatory growl scratching at the back of his throat at the sight of the hickeys, his strides covering the cement in greater distances.

He spots Namjoon standing at the curb, gun raised in his hand as he makes his way cautiously over to them.

The lavender haired male appears to have failed to notice the lifeless state of the blond, assuming that Jeongguk had simply decided to carry the younger in form of intimate affection.

A proud smile curls at his lips as he approaches them, gun tucked into his belt. It is only when he stands a few feet from the duo, eyes slipping from the younger's stony expression to the blooming crimson that paints the expanse of the two's abdomen.

"Oh god."he breathes out shakily, eyes locked on the baneful wound.

Namjoon glance up cautiously at the young leader who pushes past him, jaw locked tightly in place.

"We need to get him to Jin."Jeongguk states roughly, eyes watery once again as he looks down at the blond, "H-Hurry."

"Y-Yeah."

Once the elder helps the two into the car, fingers trembling as he stares in concern at the whimpering younger. The engine roars to a life, tires squealing in reprimand as the sedan shoots past the mansion where the men who had posed as back up fill into the jeeps, trialing quickly behind them.

Jeongguk takes in the other's features. From the slope of his nose, to the roundness of his cheeks and the plumpness of his cherry lips.

Shifting his arms until he was sure Taehyung was laying as comfortably as possible, dismissing the numbness of his biceps.

Leaning down to press a chaste kiss to the younger's forehead, nosing his jaw lightly, he whispers softly against tan skin,"Your the most important person to me, angel. P-Please be okay."