xlvii

that's right, double update today. take it as my apology for a long wait.

~

"Your mum..."he exhales breathily, desperately aching to collect his thoughts and stem the threatening growth of the ball that clogs itself at his throat, "was one of my mother's worst tormentors."

The statement seems to shrivel and twist, open to the judgemental perceptions of the public as the air within the room plummets terribly, heavy and stifling once again.

But to Jeongguk's surprise, Taehyung doesn't appear startled nor alarmed instead a rather sour look of disappointment turns at the tips of his lips.

"I figured,"the blond sighs, shoulder slumping as he frowns, "although I hoped that it wasn't true."

"You're..you're not angry?"he questions slowly, mystified as to why the younger male showed little no reaction.

Smiling, as if he knew something that the elder didn't, he shakes his head softly, "For what? I can't change the past, but I can learn from it, baby we just talked about it."

"You've gotten a lot more confident haven't you?"Jeongguk scoffs although their is no malice in his tone, but amusement.

"M'not sure"he giggles, shrugging, "Being in a mafia gives you some weird vibes."

"Does it?"

"Mhm."

The two lapse into yet another round of soothing silence, wrapped in the other's arms as they await for another topic to bubble at their curled lips.

"Mum regrets it."Taehyung pipes up quietly, voice brittle as he places a palm on Jeongguk's chest to support his upper-body as he looks up, "She really did. Before I went into high school she had me sit down and talked me with for about an hour on treating people right and with kindness, no matter what they put you through because you never know what hell they're going through already. Or how much your actions mean to them. She cried through all of it as well, didn't tell me why but now I guess it makes sense."

Jeongguk opts to not comment, mind still swarming with the malevolent thoughts of revenge, despite the woman's obvious show of remorse.

It had been his mother, the woman who he had loved more than anything in the world. Forgiving wasn't something he was eager in acting upon, his jaw locked into place as he feigns agreement.

"You don't have to forgive her, I don't expect you to."Taehyung murmurs as if he had interpreted the elder's opposing actions, "But learn to let it go as the time passes, holding it in won't do either of you good but ruin your mood."

The blond decides to not prod any further at the delicate topic, humming softly as he links his arms behind the leader's neck, smiling fondly up at him.

"You have really dark eyes."he mumbles, fingers tracing the slopes of the elder's cheeks.

"People say they look like the gates of hell."Jeongguk deadpans, reacting unconsciously at the blond's show of skinship, slinging his arms around his waist and pulling him close.

Snorting, Taehyung bites back his grin, fingers pinching teasingly at his cheeks before dropping his hands to his shoulders, "Now that you mention it, yeah kinda."

"Rude."he huffs, squeezing firmly at the blond's hips to elicit a muffled squeak, mindful to not press too hard to harm him.

Taehyung giggles at the look of affront that furrows at the raven-haired male's eyebrows, ruby lips jutting out into a small pout.

As his gaze drifts towards the elder's lips, swollen and lightly red, his tongue unconsciously traces the pillowy skin of own, mind casted back to the minutes before, in which they had shared an intimate show of love, one after weeks of strict ignorance.

Jeongguk, who happens to notice the stilling in the boy he holds in his arms, furrows his eyebrows before dropping his gaze to the blond in hope
of deciphering the sudden change in personality, the tips of lips turning upwards as he's enlightened with a knowing smirk.

"You know that guy you missed,"he murmurs, voice so soft that if it weren't for the fact that they were simply millimetres apart, anyone would've craned their necks and apologised for a retake of words, "the one with the really pretty pink lips."

It's almost as if he were in a daze, a world where nothing else mattered but him and the elder's lip that tease into gentle curve. He barely takes note of the fact that Jeongguk had his gown bunched above his stomached, hands pressed firmly against the bare skin of his upper waist, his long, tanned legs all on show as well as the white underwear he bares, the very sight of his smooth, unblemished skin sending the young mafia leader into a state of guttural groans of hazed yearning.

"Uh hu."he mumbles, mind hazy with the powerful urge to press his lips against the other's as he watched him with lidded eyelids.

"You'd think he'd mind if I had a taste?"

"Mhm, not at all."

Taehyung feels as if he were melting. The familiar texture of the other's plush lips pressed firmly against his own sends him into a state of hazy rose, desperate whines gurgling at the back of his throat, fingers darting across the sensitive skin of the back of Jeongguk's neck before stringing themselves in the strands of soft coal, tugging and twisting as he whimpers.

"G-Guk,"he moans breathily, pulling back to inhale deeply, cheeks flushed a pretty hue of stark crimson.

Jeongguk laughs softly at the other's already incomprehensible state, nose propped against the blond's as they regain their levelled breathing with a gentle eskimo kiss, "I missed that."

Blushing darker, if that were possible, he nods sheepishly at the other's confession, "Me too."

"I'm really sorry for blowing up on you so bad after what happened with Baekhyun."the young leader murmurs, breath fanning against the other's lips as his eyes fall downcast, "I was just so mad because you put yourself in danger for someone who didn't deserve that a-and I know that despite what I would say, you would do it again if you had to."

Smiling dejectedly, Taehyung shrugs lightly, "It's alright but next time I'm not letting you go this easily."

"Of course, and I'm not letting myself get away that easily either."

Tilting his head slightly, the blond furrows his eyebrows in a questionable curve as he shifts his body to stare at the other strangely, "Huh?"

"Is there anything I can do to make you wholeheartedly forgive me?"he asks, expression one of stern intent as he rubs loving circles at the younger's hips.

Pouting, as if the question wasn't fair enough to be shot at when he was off-guard and really rather curious, Taehyung nibbles at the bottom of his lip, vision straying from the man before him.

"Hm,"he hums, glancing momentarily at the solemn expression portrayed against his boyfriend's features, "Anything?"

"Anything."

Nodding, the young blond lapses into a quiet phase of thoughtful pondering, lips jutting unconsciously into a full pout as he juggles the various wishes he yearns to fulfil.

And suddenly, as if he were stricken by a stroke of inspiration, his eyes light with a wishful spark, a meek smile curling at his lips as he glances at the elder.

"I would like to visit my parents."

~

i hope you've caught up on tae's character development, back in the beginning he was an innocent fluff ball who wasn't that mature, now look at him giving kook life talks and being kinda dominant. and that kids, is what toughening up means, what better way to do that by knowing the mafia?