xxxiv

Before him stands the man who had delivered him to the devil himself. He can clearly recall the elder's name, for the facial recognition was evident. A heart shaped face, a petite nose with a gentle slope and turned down lips with a slight flick at the very tips. His eyeliner is rather thick too, bringing out his eyes in a delicate yet acuminous way.

"Taehyung."the man says solemnly, eyes reflected with utmost pain and remorse, head bowed.

The male makes a move to move closer towards him, lips quirked downwards in a trembling frown as his eyes cast a glassy look. Taehyung watches, mind blank and hazy as he finds himself unable to move, limbs a useless puddle of melted goo.

It's only when the elder's fingertips brush briefly over the skin of his upper arm does his brain suddenly fire to life and he jerks back, body writhing away from the other's touch as he cries shrilly, "Do not touch me!"

The very glance in the man's direction sparked the reminiscent trauma of Kris's jeering snarls and punishing grip. He almost feels the chapped lips upon the curve of his neck, cold and bitter as always.

The elder appears visibly hurt, eyebrows pinched together as his lips tug downwards into a trembling frown, "Please, I did not meant to cause you harm."

"But you did!"the blond chokes out, vision now obscured with quivering glass, "You took me to him!"

It shocks both Baekhyun and the blond himself from the venom that slathers his words when the mention of the devil of it all, curled at his lips, once aurburn eyes now dulled into a rather sharp charcoal.

There's a stifling silence, Taehyung barely comprehensive as his mind is now blurred with traumatic recollection.

"He forced me to."Baekhyun breathes out shakily, head hung as he stares blandly at the ground with glassy eyes, "I had no choice."

The blond does not intervene nor share his opinion on what the elder says, instead watching wearily as the other struggles to thread his thoughts into a well constructed sentence that did not break into occasional sniffles or choked sobs.

"He t-told me that if I did not o-obey his orders, he would hunt my boyfriend down. H-How could I not listen to him?"

Blinking rapidly, he presses the back of his palm to the base of his nose to swipe messily before he lifts his head with shocking speed, eyes widening in an almost maniacal plead, "I didn't want to, honestly! The last thing I would want is to hurt you."

It's the raw sincerity in his tone that wavers the blond's resolution, his damp eyes that were clouded with animosity softening in the lightest hues of auburn.

"I did try to get him to change his mind."the male confesses, eager to defend himself, "You never asked to be dragged into Jeongguk's business, but the man was so bent on having you in his hands, that whatever I said wouldn't break down that resolute, thick wall inside of him."

"How are you still here?"Taehyung questions incredulously, opting to not allow the elder's hopeful eyes thrash his cold barriers, "It isn't of Jeongguk to allow you to breathe within his household after what you did."

At his words, the boy smiles in downcast, pleading eyes now void from any hopeful light as he allows his vision to flicker to the thick carpet under their soles.

"He wouldn't, didn't."he says darkly, all though his tone is nothing of hissing hate but sorrowful remorse, "I am here without his notice."

There's a pregnant pause, the blond taken aback at the elder's words as he stares at him with wide, caramel eyes, lips parted in shock, for why would the other dare to tell such treason to the closet one to the man he wishes to not encounter. Taehyung isn't certain whether to proclaim him as audacious or plain foolish.

"W-Why are you telling me?"

At this his lips quirk into the heartbreaking smile he had witness seconds gone, eyes gleaming with unbelievable affliction, breathing out shakily as he replies, "You are the last person I will ever speak to in Bangtan. It has been a pleasure serving Jeongguk, regardless of his alarming behaviour at times. Please do tell him that in all the years that I have joined him, he has successfully showed me how a real family looks like. I will never forget the incredulous things for me, for that I will forever be in his debt."

The blond is at shock as to what to say, mouth suddenly feeling rather dry as the elder extends a trembling hand, vision trained to the floor.

Mind clouded with uncertainty, the boy finds himself  latching his palm within the elder's, sympathy striking deep at his core at the sweat that lines his skin, the unmistakeable shake of his hand evident in Taehyung's grip.

"Chanyeol?"Taehyung breathes out through the midst of hazy grey in his mind, fingers falling limp to his side, "He will surely be heartbroken."

Yet again, the man smiles bitterly as he tilts his head to view the blond through tear stained lashes.

"He has chosen my fate as well."Baekhyun spits, distress lathering his vowels as his expression morphs into one of evident distress.

The blond feels his own tears threaten to slip past his eyelids at the elder's words, core tightening uncomfortably as he sniffles quietly. From what he had heard the man named Chanyeol had been a vital aid in his rescue. And now he would never have a chance to thank him for such a feat.

The elder looks shattered, eyes shiny with tears that smudge the thick eyeliner by his eyes, bottom lip trembling as he emits a soft gurgle, "I really am sorry Taehyung. I hope that one day, you'll find it in you to forgive me."

Then suddenly as if he had forced himself to collect the remnants of his heart, he lifts his head, a feeble smile playing on his lips as he gazes at the young boy with fond eyes.

"He really does love you. Do not ever doubt that."

Running a lean finger at the underside of his nose, Baekhyun bows before leaving with teary eyes, the sound of choked sobs still audible even after he had walked a good distance from the corridor.

~

Sorry for the short chapter, but does anyone have an idea of what Baekhyun and Chanyeol's fate is?