xl

..:*    double update today   ..:*

~

It's near noon when the young blond awakes, caramel eyes squinted and rosy lips pulled into a distasteful scowl at the intrusion of light.

Alike to when he had last awoken in the very same bed, stomach bared with a baneful wound, his wounds are terribly sore and any gesture doesn't suit well with his stitches.

The room smells heavy of chemicals and various medicinal substances, Taehyung's nose twitching lightly at the strong odor. Addition to the unpleasant smell, the excessive use of white has the boy feeling rather deprived of the world's abundant colours.

"You're awake."

Much to his surprise it is not Jimin, Jin or what he dearly wished to be Jeongguk at the door but Yoongi.

Masking the clear disappointment that wrenches at his expression, Taehyung smiles gently in an attempt to greet the mint-haired male. The ridiculous attempt of saving his lips from dropping to a rock-hard fall has the boy baring an absurd, wobbly half frown.

The elder simply offers a sheepish grin as he tucks the tips of his snow-white fingertips into the opening of his beige tracks.

"Hey."

The greeting seems much too colloquial and indifferent in such context, but the blond is grateful that none were yet to pamper him with worries and creased foreheads as calloused palms smooth at his sheets. The normality of his case was appreciated, regardless of its horrific consequences.

"H-Hi."he croaks hoarsely, fingertips flicking upwards to substitute for his pathetic reply.

If it weren't so grave, the blond would've laughed at the comical light that sudden sparks in the man's eyes as he murmurs an abashed, "Right."

Striding forward, his fingers curl around the glass that resides upon the wood of his bedside, lifting the water mid air, simply centimetres from his lips.

"Uh."he grunts timidly, tilting the glass lightly as his gaze flickers to the headdress, rose dusting the tips of his ears, "Drink?"

Feeling rather embarrassed at the intimacy the elder showcases, Taehyung finds himself pressing his lips shyly over the rim of the glass as Yoongi nudges comforting fingers to his chin, gingerly tilting the glass.

Slapping his lips together, throat now rid of it's dry spell, he casts the elder a timid smiles of appreciation, murmuring softly, "T-Thank you."

"S'all good."

And then, once again, the room is cast over by the uneasy silence that settles over their shoulders, the blond choosing to fiddle with his fingers that bared scars of vigorous scratching, than come to terms with the true extent of what he had done.

"Why do you look so scared?"

Yoongi was never known to be one for gentle pampering and affection coos of sympathy, he was indeed a rather blunt man who despised any coats of honey upon a ripe onion.

Squeaking at the sudden query that's shot at him, his fingers wrench at the snowy sheets, the heart monitor at his bedside screeching it's disapproval.