xxxv

"Angel?"

Blinking blearily, the blond lifts his head at the sound of his nickname, golden locks cascading over his forehead. Jeongguk stands between his legs, tall and concerned over his slouched frame as he watches him with tender eyes.

The couple were yet to discuss the previous events were Taehyung had experienced such negative emotions that had made him unconsciously snap at the elder. But with the issue of Baekhyun, the blond viewed the predicament as minor to what the other was going through, dismissing it as a topic for later. For now however, their relationship was back to its usual standards, meaning daily kisses and afternoon cuddles with occasional childish bickering.

Humming, the boy's vision flickers briefly over his partner's features, awaiting what the elder wishes to say.

"What's wrong baby?"Jeongguk murmurs, leaning down to rest by the blond's side's, strong fingers curling at his hips as he pulls the boy into his lap.

Taehyung had been rather distraught after his encounter with Baekhyun, mind cluttered with indescisive thoughts. He was more than certain of the fate that awaited the couple now that they wished to flee from the gang, and yet the thought of such crude ending disgruntled him, even if the victim happened to have wronged him.

Leaving a mafia gang isn't as easy as plucking a flower from a crowd of yolk-headed daises. It was almost as if a fool had dared to writhe a fist up a bee's nest. Extracting yourself from such a community would mean a fated, torturous ending.

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol played prominent roles in Bangtan, serving the group for many diligent years. And through those thrilling periods of stomach-wrenching missions, the couple had learnt the ins and outs of the gang. Surely such secrets could not be permitted to leave its grounds with such ease?

To top up all the misery of disadvantage, Jeongguk was already seething with fury towards Baekhyun's desolate position. It was not rocket science to know what he was to do when he would set his eyes on the dark haired man.

Deep down Taehyung knows that he has already forgiven the elder for what he had done, knowing that if he were to be in the other's shoes he would've done the same thing - extremely begrudgingly of course - . But the young boy is rather bemused as to what he was to do, if there was anything to do that is, to alter the gruesome ending that would surely meet the fleeing duo.

"You're doing it again."the dark haired male murmurs, slim nose nudging the coffee expanse of his neck, sly fingers thumbing teasingly at the edges of his shirt's hem.

"Doing what?"

"The little crinkle in your nose, and your eyebrows furrow a bit, like a small puppy. You have that look when you're thinking really hard about something."

Taehyung isn't sure whether to be flustered or concerned for other for noticing such minute aspects of his features, his cheeks blooming into a deep flush as he tilts his head back into the crook of the elder's neck. The close contact never ceases to make his heart thump wildly in his ears, skin tingling in pleasure. It's not hard to identify the extreme fondness that clouds his vision, mind unfazed at the excessive infatuation it holds for the boy.

"Oh hush."he reprimands, skin tinted a light rose in mild embarrassment, his lips unknowingly ghosting over the elder's ivory skin.

Jeongguk merely laughs, thankful that the younger isn't gazing at his features to notice his own flush of his cheeks at the other's unprovoked teasing actions.