xlii

would you prefer long, detailed updates that take maybe 1-2 weeks to get through or short but frequent updates? i can't guarantee that whatever you pick will be totally put into practice but it'll be close!

~

Taehyung isn't sure of what to think of the situation at hand. Despite both Jin's and Jimin's constance reassurance that Jieun was merely a toy of the past, the undeniable doubt and anxiety still remained.

He had been told that woman had simply slipped into the leader's office to offer a mocking greeting that Jin wasn't too keen to share the details on, before quickly complying with the gang's rules and obligations and becoming one of the family.

Although the blond was yet to see the woman in her true light, the occasional whispers of envious simpers of her unreal beauty and exceptional talent in seduction were not dismissed.

She, from the information that he had been provided with, posed as a perfect match for the raven-haired male.

Bitter as the words were on his lips, it was a truth that Taehyung had already come to terms with over the month Jeongguk strictly avoided him.

At first it had started with narrowed eyes when Taehyung was lucky enough to spot the dark-haired man peering over files to the occasional odd day where a pursed pair of lips was all that was offered. And now, there was not even subtle glance at his direction, if the blond were even lucky to breathe the same air as him.

Although, he had assured his friends and even a meek Yoongi that he didn't mind the ignorance, his mind had been swamped with negativity.

"How is he?"

Regardless of the lack of interaction between him and his partner, the blond was diligently keeping an eye on the man's health and welfare. Every morning, without fail, after breakfast which Taehyung did not attend due to Jeongguk's chilling glares, he would pester his friends with the man's current state.

Jimin rolls his eyes, gingerly dropping a breakfast tray to the boy's bedside table before slumping playfully at his feet, face immersed in the folds of cotton, "What do you want me to say Tae? 'Good' is getting boring."

Shrugging, the blond dismisses the heavy feeling in his chest as his gaze falls downcast, relishing in the comforting circles the elder draws upon his exposed ankle.

"I d-don't know..."he murmurs, "Does he look okay? Like he's been eating enough? O-Or like he's happy?"

The elder simply hums quietly, a pitiful smile tracing the outline of his plump lips, arms opening wide to welcome the distressed boy. Taehyung wastes no time to press himself into his friend's embrace, throat clogged with emotions that he had successfully pummelled for the past days.

"I-I just want to know that he's doing okay, Jiminie. If he's happy, then I am too."Taehyung sniffles, fingers curled as he rubs at the undersides of his sodden eyes, "I just m-miss him, I really do."

"I know, I know."

&&&

To say that Taehyung was elated to finally bump into Jeongguk later that day, was the understatement of the century. Jimin had unfortunately left the now quietly sniffling boy - rather reluctantly, mind you - to attend a call by a member of the gang, with the promises of ice cream and a new plushie when he returned.

The blond, having decided that mopping around in await for a three scoops of strawberry ice cream, topped with hot fudge and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups simply wouldn't do. And so, after a rather frustrating hassle of the blankets that had embraced his lithe frame in a makeshift burrito, he had lumbered down the hallways and towards the kitchens to treat himself to a snack before hand.