xlviii

| slept on saturday nights by khalid for way too long. it's so aesthetic and calming. truly one of the best of the bests.

~

"Thanks for the ride."

The leather-clad man merely grunts in response, eyes trained dutifully at the concrete as he walks around to his leader's side of the car. His vision remains trained downwards as he shifts to the right, permitting the tall, equally dark clothed man to slip from the car, a blond-haired beauty tucked carefully in his arms.

"Have a safe trip back sir."the driver mumbles quietly, the door of the Mercedes C43 Coupe stamping close behind him.

"Same goes to you, Yuta."Jeongguk hums, sifting the boy in his arms to his left arm respectively, delivering a firm handshake to the elder, "And lay of the caffeine for a bit, the bags are starting to show."

"Are they?"the man murmurs, pale fingers curling upwards to dab lightly at the undersides of his eyes, "Taeyong'll know something for it."

Smiling grimly, Jeongguk offers a final, tight-lipped
jerk of his head before turning on his heel, eyes narrowed at the cobbled pathways rimmed with a range of lush succulents, trimmed shrubs and budding oleanders. The garden seemed to be moulded into a look-alike off the front cover of your familiar 'Better Homes & Gardens', flushed a darkening emerald that has the mafia leader huffing in distaste at the eery perfection.

"Gukkie."a sleep driven voice groans suddenly, startled into reality at the growl of the disappearing car that speeds down the recently paved cement.

Cradling the blond even closer, he ducks his head to smile sweetly at the mumbling boy who peers meekly up at him from the large leather jacket that shelters his lithe frame, "Good afternoon angel."

"Afternoon."Taehyung slurs back, curled fingers reaching up to fist at his eyes in hope of clearing the hazy blur that obstructs his vision, "We here yet?"

"Mhm."Jeongguk nods, "Wanna right the bell for me baby?"

Eyes alight with childish joy, the blond nods rashly, squirming to raise his upper body from the other's tender hold, long fingers reaching up to stamp at the white circle propped beside the fly-door.

There's a brief pause, one in which Taehyung whines and squirms to be let go of, huffing as he pouts at his reluctant boyfriend who eventually shifts him gingerly to the floor, wrapping a protective arm around his waist immediately after.

"You're so clingy."the blond huffs, tan cheeks tinted a dark shade of rose as he narrows his eyes up at the elder.

Raising an eyebrow, the tips of Jeongguk's lips curl as he smirks, "You love it though."

"Oh hush."

Jeongguk smother's an amused laugh at the younger's burning cheeks, fingers teasing at the hem of his shirt as they await the door to be flung open.

And their wish is granted soon, the sound of feet pampering over polished wood reaching their ears a few seconds later before the door is opened and a rather ruffled Mr. Kim emerges into their vision.

His hair is raised in all directions, a dark mess of unattended knots that reach the base of his neck and slither across the expanse of his forehead, tickling the ends of his rugged skin that fails hygiene standards, oily and covered in a sheet of dirt that has seemingly accumulated for a number of days. His clothes are no better, strewn over his thin frame and twisted wildly as he blinks bearing up at the couple.

"T-Taehyung?"he stammers, grimy finger fisting to rub harshly at his eyelids before they open, wider than before as he gapes openly, "Is that really you?"