Chapter Twenty-Seven

He grimaced at the scene that had just walked into. Yuki was...kissing you? It pissed him off like many other things. He sent Yuki a wholehearted glare before resting his gaze on you. A smirk came to his lips...you had both hands together behind your back and was lightly dragging a foot across the ground.You wouldn't even look him in the eye.

You looked like a dear caught in headlights.

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "You know I figured you guys were done with that mushy stuff. That way (name) and I can spar."

You glanced at Yuki who was trembling with anger most likely. Apparently he didn't like being interrupted.

Before you knew what happened Yuki sent a flying hook to Kyo's chin. The force sent Kyo flying on his back and onto the ground. Your eyes widened...you ran over and fell to your knees next to Kyo on the ground. Kyo recovered leaning back on his elbows sending a wavering glare to Yuki. He wiped the blood dripping from his busted lip.

"Kyo are you okay?!"

"Damn rat boy! That was cheap shot. What was that for?!"

Yuki just stared down a him for a while then switched his gaze to you. How quickly you run to Kyo's aid...without a second thought you ran to help him. Would you do the same for him? Probably not. It was infuriating...

Yuki closed his eyes for a second and then walked pass both you without a word. He would let (name) have her fun...for now. She would regret this later.

You stood up watching Yuki storm off without you. Not that you minded of course...you much rather be in the presence of Kyo-Kyo. You reached out and offered a hand to him. He gladly accepted and you pulled him up to his feet. He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

"Sorry I-well you know...for interrupting you guys." He rubbed his chin. Yuki really tried to lay him out that time and it was cheap shot. Apparently Yuki didn't like to be interrupted when he was...kissing his girlfriend.

"Not a problem really. If anything I should be thanking you."

He raised an eyebrow at you. He didn't understand what you meant by that. "Huh?"

You sighed. You would tell him about Yuki...maybe when you gathered enough courage to do so. "Its nothing Kyo."

Chapter Twenty-Eight

He shrugged as the both you started walking again. You and Kyo were a couple yards behind Yuki. It seem to be the perfect time to talk to you about this whole relationship thing with Yuki. Maybe he could ease you into the conversation and then voice his displeasure.

"So what did the bastard get you?" His eyes still forward as he walked.

"Why do you want to know?" You raised an eyebrow at him this time.

"I don't like him." He frowned at Yuki's form in the distance.

"I can tell, Kyo-Kyo." You stared blandly at Yuki's form...hoping he would burst into flames and wither away right before your eyes.

"I mean I don't like this whole...realtionship thing." His eyes shifted to stare at you now. He felt a bit apprehensive about this. He didn't want you getting mad at him.

You stopped walking at the comment and stared up into the sky. You closed your eyes bending your head back down and continued walking. Kyo had just stopped and stared before walking beside you again. Apparently you didn't want to talk about it...but he just had to know.

Why Yuki of all people? Why not himself? He inwardly scoffed. He had thought you were different...everyone else had put Yuki on a pedestal. Yuki was always the better person than him in almost every way possible. And just when he had found someone who he thought otherwise...the stupid rat boy steps in and decides he wants to be her boyfriend.

It was true. He was clearly stupid. He could never defeat Yuki in anything...especially affection.

His hands clenched on his sides. It was just unfair tha-

"I know you hate him. And I know it's unfair. It's not what you think Kyo. I just couldn't...Yuki he..." You couldn't finish the rest as your bottom lip started to tremble. You were trying not to cry again.

How did you know exactly what he was thinking? He smiled slightly...you knew him so well. Besides that he knew there was something strange going on here. Kyo stopped walking and he watched as you followed suit...stopping beside him.

"What's going (name)? I don't understand what...did Yuki do something?!" A scowl spreaded across his lips...his anger hitting an all-time high.

"Kyo calm down. I just...no it's nothing Kyo. My relationship with Yuki is fine." He could sense the bitterness in your tone. You were lying.

"Your lying." He bent his head down so that his bangs covered his eyes. In a swift movement he took a tight grip of your forearm just as Yuki had done before.

"Kyo?"

"You're talking in riddles just tell me. Just tell me. I won't do anything rash. He did something...didn't he?" He urged on. You were hesistant about something but he couldn't tell really. He was going out of the limb here but he noticed that you had been acting strange for the past couples months. Then out of nowhere Yuki says the both of you were in a relationship. It just didn't seem right to him.

"It's nothing Kyo. Don't worry. I can take care of myself."

Bingo! So there was something going on. He unconciously pulled you closer and placed a finger under your chin. "I don't know what's going (name) but I'm going to find out. I envy him and yes that's probably why I'm worried but I like you and don't l want to see you hurt ever."

Your heart felt like it was about to beat out of your chest. Your felt you cheeks heat up considerly before answering him. "Kyo..everything is fine."

He released your arm and was suddenly aware of how close the two of you were. He turned his face but you had already caught the blush on his cheeks. "I'm sorry."

You blinked suddenly very confused. "For what?"

"For nagging you about you about Yuki."

You smiled. "Silly Kyo-Kyo. You hate him and you just don't want me to get hurt, it's understandable."

"Don't call me that!" A large vein popped up from Kyo's forehead.

"Aww why not Kyo-Kyo? No need to hide behind that big facade of yours, cat lover."

"I told you already those cats weren't mine! I don't even know where the came from!"

You giggled relentlessly. "Whatever you say Kyo-Kyo."

You continued to poke fun at your best friend. It was so easy to get him enflamed sometimes. Although you hated doing it, it was good source of amusement from time to time.The conversation lingered on as you walked together. It switched from various subjects but mainly focused on Kyo's responses to martials arts. He was telling you of his master...the one who taught both him and Yuki martial arts. Apparently he had disappeared for 4 months into the moutains to train to beat Yuki some time ago.

"Let me guess you were mediatating underwater waterfalls and fighting bears." Images of him punching bears and mediating under a running water fall entered your mind.

"I wasn't fighting bears!"

"So did you beat Yuki?"

"No. That sissy little rat boy is always holding back on me!" Kyo held up a clenched fist as he came to a halt in front of a house as he yelled out his proclamation.

"Ahh Kyo back so soon?"

You looked over at the house and then your surroundings. Wow...Kyo and the others lived in the middle of nowhere. You payed extra special attention to the man emerging from the flap on the door as he acknowledged Kyo. If memory served you his named was Shigure and he was Kyo's and Yuki's older cousin.

And boy did you get a eye full. The man was...

You ran a hand over your face in exasperation. Why is every guy you meet so darn handsome?

"Are you Shigure?" You say in soft tone and poked your fingers together. You were kind shy around new people.

"Why yes I am." He put both his hands into his obi and gave you a once over with his eyes. He nodded his head in approval.

"And are you the famous (name) I've heard so much about from Tohru?"

You nodded shyly and there was snort from Kyo. You elbowed him in the gut. "Tohru told you about me?"

"What was that for?!" Kyo rubbed his midsection as if getting knocked off his feet wasn't enough.

This Shigure guy gave you a predatory smile and rubbed his chin. "Yes she tells me many things. She said that you and Yuki were..."

You blinked as you watched him go into a dramatic pose with a solemn face. Thunder cracks around seemily from nowhere.

"Secret lovers..."

Kyo shakes his head.

You blushed a fiery red and waved your hands frantically in defiance. "No its nothing like that! We just-"

"Well now. I'm sure you didn't come all the way here to stand outside. Come in! Come in!" He motioned with his hands outstreched with that a strange glint in his eyes. You were begining to think this guy was pedophile with the hints he was giving off.