Chapter 3

Sorry for the short chapter, it's more like a filler to be honest :L I know, I suck but I will make the next one longer and hopefully better :)

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the OC Kootoni who I made up :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told Ibiki the little amount of information I got from him. I must admit it wasn't an impressive amount and Ibiki wasn't really listening until I mentioned Itachi Uchiha, then his eyes widened and he stopped me in my tracks. "And your sure he said Itachi Uchiha?" he asked. I just nodded. "You did well Kootoni, he is definitely a stubborn one. Now if you'd excuse me, I must report to the Hokage"

"Yes sir. Good evening" and with that I started to walk down the hall. On my way out of the building I met none other than Naruto himself, smirking with a hopeful look in his eyes. "Yes?" I asked him slightly confused. At this his face dropped.

"Do you not remember our deal earlier?" he spoke and I suddenly remembered I had promised dinner was on me.

"Alright, let's go then" I groaned and he just laughed as we started to walk to Ichiraku ramen. When we arrived Naruto ordered his usual bowl of pork miso ramen and then ordered two when he realized I was in a world of my own.

"So what's up?" he asked with a mouthful of ramen after a while.

"Huh?" I replied not realizing I had spaced out for so long.

"Your food has been in front of you for ten minutes now and you haven't touched it" he said slightly concerned. "What happened in the interrogation core today that has you this quiet?"

I just shrugged it off and simply stated that I had been paired up with Ibiki. This silenced Naruto as he knew how much I hated working with him. He didn't know the details of what goes on, I spared him from that but he knew that it took a lot to make me this quite. "I'm gonna head home Naruto today has been an exhausting day" I said.

"But you haven't even touched your ramen!" said a very shocked Naruto as on my best days I could beat even Choji at eating.

"Yeah I know. Sorry Teuchi, you know I love your ramen but today I'm just not that hungry"

"It's alright Kootoni by the sounds of it you've just had a rough day" he smiled.

"You can say that again" I smiled while handing him the money for the two bowls of ramen. I then turned to Naruto and handed him my purse. "I said dinner was on me so get as much as you want and hand me whatever is left tomorrow" I smiled and headed off with a wave.

On the way home I decided I would take a walk. I didn't know the destination I had in mind or even if I had one but I kept walking anyway. "Your far to weak willed to be in the interrogation core you know" I looked up to see a familiar raven haired Uchiha with his signature smug smirk, sitting in a tree above me.

"I don't remember asking you for your opinion" I retorted back as I sat on the bench below him and started looking up to the stars. "And how'd you know what was bothering me anyway? You're not a fanboy are you Sasuke?" I teased him.

"As if! I know because you always mope around for days after working with Ibiki" he stated rolling his eyes.

"Always so perceptive Uchiha" I giggled.

"Always so naive Nyoko" he retorted. I went quiet when I had no come back to that which made me frustrated.

"Damn, your annoying!" I yelled. He just smirked knowing he won that round.

I spent the rest of the night in silence sitting with Sasuke. When Naruto wasn't around, me and Sasuke got along very well. Sasuke says I'm too loud and obnoxious when I'm around Naruto, which is probably true. I must admit I enjoy the silent nights I sometimes spend with Sasuke because as much as I love Naruto he can be quite the handful and he always has way too much energy; most of the time I just can't keep up with him. But no one really knows him like I do. He was always so nice to me when others weren't and always stuck up for me which I can never repay him for no matter how many dinners are on me.

"Well see you around Kootoni" Sasuke said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I had better get going too. Have to get up early tomorrow for a meeting, should be fun" I said adding sarcasm in the last part. Sasuke just smirked. "Goodnight" I said as I started to head back home where my bed was calling out to me. After today though I don't think I will sleep very well tonight. "Why can't I just be heartless like the rest? It would make things a lot easier" I sighed to myself.